Obsessive Compulsion Disorder

Sketch Title: Obsessive Compulsion disorder

INT: DOCTORS ROOM

DOCTOR (TO HUSBAND):
Sir, it seems your wife has what is called obsessive compulsion disorder. This is what causes her to feel that she has to switch every light in the house on and off five times, due to the irrational fear of death if she doesn't. Basically your wife crazily believes bad things will happen unless she does something to stop it.

HUSBAND SLOWLY TURNS AND LOOKS AT HIS WIFE IN SHOCK

WIFE:
It's true
(WIFE BREAKS DOWN AND CRIES)

HUSBAND (TO DOCTOR):
Can it be cured?

DOCTOR:
I am afraid there is no cure

HUSBAND AGAIN TURNS SLOWLY TO WIFE

HUSBAND:
(BEGINS TALKING SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY)
You knowwwww…if you don't have sex with me five times a day you'll die!

WIFE STOPS CRYING AND LOOKS UP IN SHOCK

HUSBAND:
(CONTINUES AND QUICKLY DROPS IN)

And if there's no bum love

(PULLS A FROWN)

…The kids

(HUSBAND DRAWS HIS FINGER ACROSS HIS THROAT)

CUT TO A DRAMATIC CLOSE UP OF WIFE WITH SHOCKED EXPRESSION

CUT TO A DRAMATIC CLOSE UP OF DOCTOR WITH O.T.T SHOCK EXPRESSION

CUT TO HUSBAND LOOKING AT DOCTOR GIVING HIM THE THUMBS UP, LOOKING VERY PLEASED WITH HIMSELF

SCENE ENDS WITH DOCTOR LOOKING ON IN SHOCK
Sketch Ends

Please see last sketch titled ‘My Dad’ for the follow up to this one

Very funny. Enjoyed it. Will try this out on my wife later

"Basically your wife crazily believes" Is that a medical term?

I would have the doctor chipping in and taking advantage, taking side with the man, just a thought.

Quite funny.

Leevil, I like you idea.

This would probably be one of the first sketches I'd submit to the group sketch project

I liked it. Good fun.

Doctor could say something like 'Well, that *is* the usual reaction...' referring to the man and continue in that vein rather than feeling sick.

Dan

Or the wife saying to the doctor

Wife - Is what he saying true?
Doctor - I'm afraid so

Hmmm. I don't know how well sketches that involve smarmy gits taking advantage of mentally ill women will go down with an audience! I'm not having a go, just saying :)

Maybe you should make it back-fire and do a "1 year later" and the man is absolutely shattered ...."oh no, not again!!!!"

Come on Shoepie, we've all took advantage of mentally ill women in our time... Are you with me guys!......Eh......What d'ya think guys, are you having that?........Guys........Guys?..........I think they've gone.

Yes - I thought Shoepies comment was a bit too Guardianny but then the 1 year later bit makes a good twist.

I go with ShoePie's twist too, very good. Perhaps the husband can turn to reveal the doctor. Husband raises eyebrows but the doc is also too knackered.

GJ :D

I like the follow up. If this was in a show Id imagine you would have the first sketch and then a few different sketches in between then come back to this as the follow up. Like the Doc turning up too lol