Police Squad Page 2

"Is this a bust or what?"

"Yes, it's very impressive"

"I did live with a guy once, but that was just for a couple of years. Usual slurs, rumors, innuendos - people didn't understand. Ran him outta town like a common pygmy. Sure, he was a physical education major but but he had a mind! He could think, he wasn't all muscle, all body, all sinewy limbs. He got married, you know, later - had three kids. Never cared for her. Sent a nice gift, never got a note.
I told him she was wrong. And that youngest boy, just like his father. Football hero. Lived with him for a year. It wasn't the same.
You can't go back."

Leo: "We heard you had a bad accident. It's too bad you weren't protected"
Frank Drebin: The way I look at it you owe me a hundred dollars for that window"
Rocky: "Us? I don't know what you're talking about"
Frank Drebin: (shows the rock) "so how do you explain this?"
Leo: Well billions of years ago the earth was a molten mass"

Hehehe

"Married one child, that didn't work out so married a full grown woman instead"

Quote: greensville @ September 2 2010, 7:36 PM GMT

Big fan of this series. Still notice new things in it. The first episode with the whole 'You shot twice' exchange is amazing!

"And we know how he did it"

"Howie couldn't of done it, he wasn't in last week"

Yeah, absolutely genius stuff, among the best ZAZ have ever done. A character who was also absolutely hilarious was Johnny, the shoeshine boy - I really wonder why they didn't include him in the movies, he was so awesome.

There was also an ad campaign for a cider that used the chracters and humour of Police Squad, was absolutely great as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmhwTxosYU4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJktt5LSaJo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0bokPt9od0

Caught one of these on TV last night and loved this joke:

The daughter of a rich couple has been kidnapped.

Frank Drebin goes to their house and his boss is already there.

Frank asks his boss: "Was there a ransom note?".

Boss: "Yes, I sent it to the lab, They are demanding a million dollars"

Frank "Why would the lab demand a million dollars?"

Boss "Not the lab Frank, the kidnappers"

I like the guest stars getting killed off in the title sequence.

William Shatner was the best one. He's sitting in a booth in a cocktail bar with a couple of women looking smug. He ducks as machine gun fire hits the wall behind him. Then he looks up and laughs, then chokes to death on his drink.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 2nd October 2015, 12:06 PM BST

I like the guest stars getting killed off in the title sequence.

William Shatner was the best one. He's sitting in a booth in a cocktail bar with a couple of women looking smug. He ducks as machine gun fire hits the wall behind him. Then he looks up and laughs, then chokes to death on his drink.

Such a good show. My favourite skit is:

"Who are you and how did you get in here?"
"I'm a locksmith and I'm a locksmith."

I like that tall guy and you never see his face. In one episode he picks his nose or something and half a banana just lands on the desk - total genius!

Quote: Mikey88 @ 2nd October 2015, 10:31 PM BST

I like that tall guy and you never see his face. In one episode he picks his nose or something and half a banana just lands on the desk - total genius!

Wasn't he called Ed? The guy playing Nordberg was different in the show from the guy who portrayed him in the Naked Gun films. Whatever happened to that guy? He sure sank without trace, that's for sure.