Comedy.co.uk Awards 2006

Right, Mark and I have just spent the last few hours slaving away counting up these results and writing them up all purdee like.

Some were a little surprising, some not so, but on the whole pretty reflective of the past year.

Anyway, here you go. The results of the first ever annual awards!

well done for this, I think it was a really good idea and fantastic to read. I don't know how automated it is and whether you would be able to give category break downs and percentages but don't worry if you can't. I'm a web designer so respect!

It was good fun doing it and hopefully we can expand on it next year. Cheers!

I agree with most if not all, horay! Good work with it.

p.s. Will the David Mitchelle category be in next time?

Excellent poll and if I'm being totally honest, not at all too surprised by the outcome. That aside, what I want to know is what happened to the road pricing section?

Quote: hotzappa11 @ February 21, 2007, 10:53 AM

I agree with most if not all, horay! Good work with it.

p.s. Will the David Mitchelle category be in next time?

All depends on how prolific he is this year, and if there's any other novelty award(s) I can think up. :D

Quote: Baumski @ February 21, 2007, 11:06 AM

That aside, what I want to know is what happened to the road pricing section?

Thought it was all a bit academic really... ;)

I think I agree with about fifty present, we have amongst us a higher than average number of Green Wing fans so not surprised this did well. Pleased to see the IT crowd in there, I’m I alone in thinking the James Dreyfus did better than Ardal O'Hanlon in the (pretty bad) My Hero.

I can only assume you all miss the Royle Family not only the best special of last year but in fact the best special of all time, way before the beginnings of time it self.

Well-done guys for putting this together, lots of fun.

Yeah I agree with most of that, I don't like green wing so don't get me started... but the rest yeah... already looking forward to next year

:O you *gulp* don't like green wing?! hehe
I agree with all of the results-top job everyone

Shame The Royle Family didn't win best special but my guess is it will make up for it at the BAFTAs. It might not have been all that funny but I thought it was probably the best bit of telly all year.

I was very sorry not to see Lead Balloon win best new sitcom but very pleased for Mitchell & Webb - superb stuff. Well done for organising the vote and look forward to next year (when the BSG Sketch Show wins best new comedy....)

Nice set of results, although I too thought The Royle Family should have walked the best special category.

It was the greatest piece of television last year and I hope it is justly awarded at the baftas.

Give Liz Smith an award at least. :)