Men of the World

So...Men of the World - Great or just shit except for the theme tune?

I recently downloaded a very poor quality copy of it. I've watched the first few episodes so far and I still quite enjoy it. It's pretty tame and a little dated but I still find it funny. I'm surprised that it hasn't been trotted out again or released on DVD, what with Life on Mars and John Simm playing the Master on Doctor Who.

What do you think of it?

I remember quite liking it at the time. Wasn't the older bloke Frank Gallagher in Shameless (David Threlfall, I think his name is)?

Haven't seen it since it was on though, so my memory is not so bad given it must be, what, over 15 years ago?

Dan

In it's own way it was a decent comedy. I had only seen John Simm in Cracker before this sitcom and he looks like a little boy in it now. David Threlfall plays his older work/housemate and Danny Peacock (who also wrote it) is one of their friends. Series 2 had Eva Pope in it and she was, and probably still is, hot! :)

Yes, I 'got' those same copies Afinkawan, and view is exactly yours. So I have nothing further to contribute to this thread at the moment. :/

Swerytd - Yes, David Threlfall. I haven't actually seen ay of shameless so I have no idea if he is any good in that.

Since watching the first few episodes again, the theme tune has been stuck in my head pretty much constantly. >_<

This is on YouTube now! I remember it was ok. x

I'd still like a decent quality DVD release.

I remember watching it at the time and thought it wasnt bad, considering it featured Daniel Peacock(never rated him). Nightingales is Threlfall's best sitcom tho in my opinion. Never seen Shameless thought about getting the first series once