Fear, Stress and Anger

See this is coming up soon.

Never watched Waiting For God but did see the writer's dreadful show with Richard Wilson and the woman from Waiting For God. Sounds like a similar premise.

Peter Davidson is a great actor.

Quote: Dave @ February 18, 2007, 3:44 PM

Peter Davidson is a great actor.

I recently set out to watch Mr Davidson last effort “The Complete Guide to Parenting” after Aaron ringing endorsement of the show but just wandered off half way thought the second episode after being totally bored.

That’s different tastes for you

I thought this was a pretty bog standard sitcom. Mid-life crisis by numbers, without any spark of originality. You can tell how tedious it was, because halfway through I started watching Hotel Babylon.

Another poor sitcom. I have liked those cast members in a lot of other things but it doesn't matter what sort of guns you have if you don't have any bullets. The script wasn't funny enough and the characters weren't interesting to me at least.

I didn't really like it. I probably won't watch it again.

I agree really but as I said to Aaron Pippa Heywood doesn't actually have to do anything to make me laugh. Hotel Babylon was a lot funnier and cleverererer.

I'll watch it again, there were a couple of laugh out loud bits, but Pippa is what gives it life, without her it would be pretty dire.

Have I always got to disagree with you all? (“Yes, go on disagree”) OK I will.

This actually made me laugh several times, which seems to be rare these day for a new sitcom, I’ll stick with it but so far so good.

Not great, but Ill see how it develops.

I saw Peter Davidson and his daughter on Richard and Judy and they showed a clip. I thought it was rubbish so I didn't bother watching the episode.

i would class it as post-watershed subversive mainstream - it looks and feels very mainstream, but its slightly more adult content (and not particularly imaginative either) makes for the kind of show that comes along very frequently but almost always gets instantly forgotten.

I thought it was really funny i loved when they picked up gran and the dog got painted so he hid it under the sink when pippa haywood's character walked in. I love Gran, the fact that she doesn't say anthing but is still funny, like the chimney and lift.

Well i must be in the minority then but i really like it.

Especially the double act in husband and wife.

Very hard not to keep thinking of her as Mrs Brittas from the brittas empire though lol.

I totally forgot about it. Was the second episode any better? I realise first episodes suffer because you have to outline the situation and the characters. Once they're known you've more space for laughs.