Single sketches, submit to who?

What are the best shows, people or company to send just individual sketches to. Like someone told me, its much easier to get sketches commissioned than entire scripts

A script full of numerous sketches, yes. But single sketches? I doubt you'll get very far with them at all.

I do have a script full of single sketches. What I meant was, is there any shows who actively look for writers to contribute?

In general, keep an eye on www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom in the 'Opportunities' section.

These are all radio:

Recorded For Training Purposes apparently will (though a series has just finished so I don't know when the next 'call' will be)

Parsons & Naylor are taking only topical gags this series but used to take sketches (in the style of the show obviously) so may do again in future)

Bearded Ladies used to take sketches also, but word on the grapevine is that this will no longer happen and RFTP is taking over that mantle on the BBC.

All these require sketches in the style of the show.

On TV:

Only one I can think of is Shoot The Writers, showcasing new writing talent. It's on pretty late and I don't know if they're doing another series of this. (SlagA did quite well on there from what I recall!)

If you've got an entire sketch show written, you may be better off submitting to production companies as a complete product to show you can write. If it's not commissioned itself, you *might* impress enough with your writing that they ask you to write for a sketch show (but that's probably highly unlikely)

Note that if you've got an entire sketch show written, I think you'd need a theme to it rather than just a collection of random sketches. But that's not a hard and fast rule, I just think it would be easier to impress with a theme.

Hope this is of some help

Dan

Could you get in touch with the individuals involved in 'Cowards' (BBC Three) and offer them some material?

Some of their stuff's good but a lot of it just falls flat.

I bet since they're young, up and coming sketch writers performers themselves they'd be more open to new material from young up and coming sketch writers. just a thought...

What about old up and coming writers?