BBC 4 - Tight Spot Series

Begins on Wednesday 28 February 2007, BBC4.

Here's the blurb:

"Four comedies in which the central characters are stuck in different situations...

Freezing about an Oscar-nominated actress now living in a London suburb with her publisher husband Matt, both of whom have known better times. Stars Hugh Bonneville, Elizabeth McGovern, Tom Hollander and Ben Miles, with cameos from Richard E Grant, Joely Richardson and Alan Yentob. Written by James Wood.

HR by Nigel Williams about two middle-aged men – a middle manager and a member of the HR department – who are under threat by management consultants. Stars Jonathan Pryce and Nicholas Le Provost

Lift about four people trapped in an elevator – businessman Paul, talkative Sunita, the phobic Rocco and the jolly but weak-bladdered Christabel. Stars Douglas Hodge, Rasmus Hardiker and Nina Wadia. Written by Mark Watson.

Stuck about colleagues Adrian, who is pompous and on the downward slope, and Simon, who is laidback and on the way up. Stars David Gillespie and Samuel Anderson. Written by Mark Warren."

Looks quite good imo.

Did any one watch this last night? Any good, do they fall in to the category of pilot or just one offs?

Personally I miss it but will catch a repeat

One offs.

I saw it and thought it was all right, couple of laughs here and there but it did show the backstabbing (so to speak) behind the scenes of publishing etc

I agree. I thought it was just okay. Hugh Bonneville was good, but overall there weren't a lot of laughs. And my heart does sink whenever I see yet another comedy set in the incestuous world of the London media. Surely this area has been mined enough?

I just watched "Lift." Rasmus Hardiker was on top form again. He seriously needs to be a lead in something. Mark Watsons script was much better than his "Living With 2 People..." pilot.

I saw HR which was o.k I suppose, nice use of the word CUNT.

And I also watched Lift. Again it was o.k, proberly 20mins to long though, although I did like the line, "I had to do my GCSE's on a EtchaSketch.

I saw Lift, it was shit to be blunt. The etcha-sketch line wasn't really funny because the rest of the show was kind of naturalistic and that line seemed out of place, because obviously he would've taken his exams on a computer if he had a fear of paper.

And yeah the rest of it was just terrible again, filled with awkward humour and that voice.

Ever thought he was lying?

Thought the lift one was Ok, I laughed a couple of times. I do like the weird looking bloke who played the boy, he seems to be turning up in a lot of things recently; I really liked him in Saxondale too. Anyway, thought this was ok, but thats about it.

How does Mark Watson manage to get so much stuff made? He strikes me as a distinctly average writer. The only thing I can think of is that he's very adapt at playing the Welsh card.

I only watched The Lift. I missed the others previous and plan to miss any others that are shown afterwards as the lift was shit. The pilots on BBC 3 were shit as well with the exception of Green, which was quite good. I seriuosly beleive that what I'm writing is better than these shows. Angry