British Sitcoms with Female Leads Page 4

I mean main characters as in duo's or singles. Not Two Pint's things, but female driven.

Quote: zooo @ June 12 2008, 9:55 PM BST

Alan has made every single one of his up.

Dream Stuffing?

No I haven't - all the time you have been on this site have you ever clicked on the link that says sitcoms? ;)

On radio, there is "Clare in the Community", "Linda Smith's A Brief History of Timewasting" and "Meanwhile with the Bearded Ladies".

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 12 2008, 10:18 PM BST

On radio, there is "Clare in the Community", "Linda Smith's A Brief History of Timewasting" and "Meanwhile with the Bearded Ladies".

Can't speak for the last one, but the first two are excellent. Astonished Clare has never made the transition to television (the medium it was originally written for).

Radio again - what was the one with lady Rabbi?

The Attractive Young Rabbi

Quote: Timbo @ June 12 2008, 10:27 PM BST

Can't speak for the last one, but the first two are excellent. Astonished Clare has never made the transition to television (the medium it was originally written for).

The other is a recent radio sitcom written and starring Susie Donkin, Charlotte McDougall, Oriane Messina and Fay Rusling. It also features Ronnie Corbett as the narrator. The series comes out on CD in August.

Has anyone said Pulling?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 12 2008, 10:40 PM BST

The other is a recent radio sitcom written and starring Susie Donkin, Charlotte McDougall, Oriane Messina and Fay Rusling. It also features Ronnie Corbett as the narrator. The series comes out on CD in August.

Is it any good?

Quote: hotzappa11 @ June 12 2008, 10:50 PM BST

Has anyone said Pulling?

They have now :)

Quote: Timbo @ June 12 2008, 10:51 PM BST

Is it any good?

I liked it, although that may be to do with the fact that two of the stars are writers for Green Wing. I'd buy the CD personally.

Quote: Seefacts @ June 12 2008, 9:58 PM BST

Define 'lead'.

A lot of these are ensembles or duos.

I just saw this - everything I listed had a female lead and I missed out a load of slightly iffy ones. But the one you listed, Birds of a Feather, is an ensemble cast or duo - albeit female.

Quote: Alan C @ June 12 2008, 9:56 PM BST

Executive Stress

Surely 50/50?

Quote: zooo @ June 12 2008, 9:57 PM BST

Wickerman, I mean Winterlight, did you want to know this for a reason, or was it just general curiosity?

:D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 12 2008, 10:01 PM BST

Feel The Force

That was a vastly inferior female ripoff of The Detectives!

Rhona.

The Lady is a Tramp

Quote: Aaron @ June 13 2008, 2:09 AM BST

Surely 50/50?

That was an iffy one I let through in the rush. 60/40 seeing as she survived all 3 series!?! :D