Chelmsford 123

Anybody remember one from the eighties called Chelmsford 123.

Rory McGrath, Jimmy Mulville Geoffrey Perkins etc.

I vauguely remember this as being good but it seems to have sunk without trace and I haven't seen it on cable or DVD. Can't find it on Amazon but IMDb mentions it.

Anyone remember it? Or did I dream this?

No but i did find this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/c/chelmsford123_1299000590.shtml

I hope that kind of helps.

Yeah - I remember that one - am I showing my age? I used to enjoy it - I don't think it got the recognition it deserved though. If I remember rightly they used to play it at some hellish hour of the night - way past my beddy times.

I think I was too young to watch this show but! I do remember a joke from the trailer for it.

These visitors were arriving in Chelmsford and there was a welcoming commitee. The mayor grandly announces "Chelmsford welcomes you!" and then one of the Chelmsford town's people waves at the visitors and says "hello".

That joke has stuck with me for 15-20 years.

Edit:

errr....you probably have to see it to be funny :)

Jeezaloo, I forgot all about this one. Altough I never went, I remember getting tickets to see a recording. Excellent cast and not too shabby on the comedy too. I'd welcome seeing it repeated.

Ah yes, one of those forgotten little gems. Saw it recently and really rather enjoyed it. A DVD would be most welcomed by me!