To Be Or Not To Be, Innit - Update Page 11

I notice that Martin has become the BBC's Official Shakespeare Correspondent after yet another BBC Breakfast News appearance this morning!

Didn't hear any mention of the book, though I kind of saw his face on screen and thought 'I know him...'

:)

Dan

Yes, yes, I confess, it was me. Actually, and although they didn't show the book, the title and author's name was broadcast to the nation. Phew. A dodgy opening by me as the item wasn't specifically about the book but more to do with restoration work on Shakespeare tomb and I momentarily froze. Although I wanted to say "He's dead - get over it" I went for the safer option of not being too smart and recovered my Shakespearian mojo from there.

Although I'm competing with over 17 million other books, over the last few days my Amazon ranking had slipped quite badly into the 8000's but since the interview this morning it's leapt up to its current overall ranking of 1133, 26 in humour and 1 in Shakespeare. Again, phew!

Don't know about becoming any kind of official correspondent but I was dead chuffed to be asked.

Will it be on iPlayer?

What hotel do they put you up in? Some skanky B&B on Shepherd's Bush Green?

Quote: Aaron @ May 28 2008, 11:58 AM BST

What hotel do they put you up in? Some skanky B&B on Shepherd's Bush Green?

Or in the Broom Cupboard?

Oh no, no, no, no. An excellent place that goes by the name of the K West Hotel. Sure, the BBC might make crap programmes but when it comes to lodgings they're spot on with choice of accommodation.

Quote: Baumski @ May 28 2008, 12:01 PM BST

Sure, the BBC might make crap programmes...

Aw, it was a good run.