Bewitched

I thought this show was very good and funny. It is coming back so I have heard but what does everyone else think ?

I read Paul A Mendellson was going to be writing it somewhere. Two of his so far three sitcoms have featured a domestic/supernatural theme - so will be intersting to see. I used to play racquetball with Paul and he was better at comedy :)

The 60s series was quite fun but lost a lot when the original Darrin left (probably for teaching Darwinism, or something).

Elizabeth Montgomery had a cute nose.

Shouldn't this be in Foreign?

Moved to Foreign.

Shouldn't be in Foreign. Should it if It's a remake for English TV, presumably the BBC?

I thought Jake was asking what everyone thought of it? So he must be referring to the original, no?

What a terrible idea for a remake.

Quote: Badge @ April 23 2008, 5:38 PM BST

I thought Jake was asking what everyone thought of it? So he must be referring to the original, no?

Oui monsier... if he wants to talk about the new one... then he should have said. Foreign it will stay (until one of the greater mods moves it).

I think the ayes have it.

Quote: Marc P @ April 23 2008, 7:01 PM BST

I think the ayes have it.

Surely it's the nose?

I love Bewitched! Been watching it since I was about 4, and it's become very comforting somehow!

Elizabeth Montgomery is a babe. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Quote: Badge @ April 23 2008, 5:21 PM BST

The 60s series was quite fun but lost a lot when the original Darrin left (probably for teaching Darwinism, or something).

No the original Darrin played by the wonderful Dick York had to leave after season 5 due to a debilitating back and spine injury suffered years earlier when he was filming a film (name escapes me).

He was in chronic pain, So much so that he took some considerable time off from episodes in season 5 which were explained by him being away on business meetings etc.

Anyway he made the decision to leave the series thus why Dick Sargent took over the role from season 6 onwards.

Ironically Dick Sargent was originally the original choice to play Darrin but couldn't commit due to being under contract somewhere else.

Anyway Dick York died in 1992 aged 62.

Quote: roscoff @ April 23 2008, 8:11 PM BST

Elizabeth Montgomery is a babe. That's all I have to say on the matter.

I really hope you mean 'was'.

Quote: Badge @ April 23 2008, 5:21 PM BST

It was a jokey film reference. I wasn't being serious. Doesn't matter.