Help remembering a sitcom

Ok, this has been bugging me for a few months now...

Can anyone remember a sitcom from the 80's i believe.

It involved a married couple and 2 (possibly 3) young children. I do remember the father used to tell the kids a story they went to bed and he made up a character called "giant belly bulge"

I'm pretty sure at some point we discovered they werent actually married, but my memory escapes me completely

Anyway, hope you can help

I watched something recently where the husband and wife discovered that they weren't married after all. Can't for the life of me remember what it was though, which is of huge help.

Can you tell us anything else about the show? Where the characters white, black, azure...? Set in London, suburbia, midlands? Anything at all really!

I love a challenge! :)

Well, the family were white, in fact after posting here I'm pretty sure that Jimmy Mulville played the Male lead, I've looked him up and he did appear in a sitcom in the late 80s called That's Love?

But from what information I can get via Google on That's Love it doesn't sound anything like the sitcom I remember.

Ah. Hm. From the information I can gather (not online, so can't give any links), it sounds possible. The couple had two children, and went through constant marriage problems, therapy, ups and downs etc - could explain the not being married thing?

I'm sure this is probably it then, i cant find anything else Jimmy Mulville done in sitcoms in the late 80's and my memory of it is so vague in any case

Great website here though! If it wasnt for this place i'd never have been able to work out it was Jimmy Mulville, so at least i can put this one to bed.

Thanking you. Happy to help. :)

Quote: Loose @ April 11 2008, 1:46 PM BST

Well, the family were white, in fact after posting here I'm pretty sure that Jimmy Mulville played the Male lead, I've looked him up and he did appear in a sitcom in the late 80s called That's Love?

That was the show. Pretty ropey (suprising that for an 80's ITV sitcom) as I remember.

Quote: Tim Walker @ April 14 2008, 4:07 PM BST

Pretty ropey (suprising that for an 80's ITV sitcom)

:D

Hi. I've chosen to write here, instead of writing on a new topic, because I have the same problem. In Portugal, a few years ago, Britcom aired a show about a decadent Rock Star, (name Gary, or Garry, I don' remember well), some kind of Keith Richards, with a crazy family (the hot but brainless wife, the idiot kid, and the only "member" who seemed to have inteligence - The Butler.) Unfortunately, I've been searching the site trying to remember the title of the show, but I can't remember.. Could someone give a help? :)

Sounds like Celeb, the doomed sitcom with Harry Enfield as Gary Bloke

Quote: Luid @ April 23 2008, 8:50 PM BST

Hi. I've chosen to write here, instead of writing on a new topic, because I have the same problem. In Portugal, a few years ago, Britcom aired a show about a decadent Rock Star, (name Gary, or Garry, I don' remember well), some kind of Keith Richards, with a crazy family (the hot but brainless wife, the idiot kid, and the only "member" who seemed to have inteligence - The Butler.) Unfortunately, I've been searching the site trying to remember the title of the show, but I can't remember.. Could someone give a help? :)

Celeb.

Awful show starring Harry Enfield. Though it did have the quite sexy Amanda Holden in it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0334838/

It feel down horribly because The Osbournes became big the same year - and REAL spaced out rock star is funnier than a fake one.

And spookily, I 'acquired' a copy only yesterday.

Quote: Aaron @ April 23 2008, 9:27 PM BST

And spookily, I 'acquired' a copy only yesterday.

Have you just reached 2002 in your 'watching all comedy in order' routine?

It's shit, if you haven't seen it. Harry Enfield being in it should be a strong indicator to it's quality.

Nah, I saw it on broadcast. I'm just a compulsive collector.

(And yeah, pretty damn poor it was too.)

Quote: Aaron @ April 23 2008, 9:49 PM BST

Nah, I saw it on broadcast. I'm just a compulsive collector.

I wondered why the washing line was empty this morning.