Know-it-all! (keep Aaron happy :D )

Quote: Writer2K @ April 11 2008, 12:50 PM BST

Know-it-all! (keep Aaron happy :D )

I've only just got up, forgive me.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 11 2008, 12:51 PM BST

I've only just got up.

Real writers don't sleep.

Quote: Deferenz @ April 11 2008, 9:14 AM BST

It sounds like you have a story to tell here Seefacts. Do Baby Cow have a habit of reading everything sent to them regardless, and is it a pointless exercise to get a little excited if they show any initial interest? Or is it that 99.99999% of anything that sparks their interest is very quickly dismissed after a glance at the script?

It would be interesting to know more about the practices of production companies.

Def.

Did we establish if it is Baby Cow? They only want the first 10 pages initially. I sent them mine and they sent it back a couple of weeks later saying no thanks. So there may be something to be said for them asking to see more. I sent the same ten pages to another company who said they only read full scripts and within a week they'd optioned it.

Quote: steve by any other name @ April 11 2008, 1:29 PM BST

Did we establish if it is Baby Cow? They only want the first 10 pages initially. I sent them mine and they sent it back a couple of weeks later saying no thanks. So there may be something to be said for them asking to see more. I sent the same ten pages to another company who said they only read full scripts and within a week they'd optioned it.

Bugger Bay Cow. I want to know the name of the production company that rejects 10 pages, reads a full script and options it all in the space of a week.

Quote: Rob B @ April 11 2008, 2:15 PM BST

Bugger Bay Cow. I want to know the name of the production company that rejects 10 pages, reads a full script and options it all in the space of a week.

Utopia?

If it is Baby Cow the same thing happened with a script I sent them last year. I sent the first 10 pages initially, then in about two weeks they emailed asking to see the full script. I waited about a month more and they decided not to take the script any further but gave me some decent feedback, told me the bits they liked and what they found genuinely funny and then the bits that they weren't too keen on.

So yeah it's a good sign if they've requested to see more, means you caught their eye and that what you have written is not complete garbage. :)