Carry On London Page 3

That sounds AWFUL!

Good concept, but not under the Carry On banner. Definitely something which could work otherwise though.

I really don't think they should make any more.

Most of the performers are no longer with us and it will be new writers.

Maybe they should start something with a similar title as a modern version.

Incidentally I've still not seen St Trinians. Is it really that bad?

Quote: David Chapman @ March 13, 2008, 10:57 PM

I really don't think they should make any more.

I agree they shouldn't make any more. That's because they shouldn't have made any of them to begin with. The fact that the Americans love them should be a pointer to the crap they dished out time after time. Best line. Kenneth Williams " I'd give that a minute if I were you." After that forget it. You may have guessed I'm not a Fan.

I am though. I could watch them over and over.

I will say this for them though, I believe they inspired some of the Monty Python stuff. The Biggus Dickus scene in Life of Brian is almost pure Carry On.

Quote: roscoff @ March 13, 2008, 11:48 PM

I agree they shouldn't make any more. That's because they shouldn't have made any of them to begin with. The fact that the Americans love them should be a pointer to the crap they dished out time after time.

a) Do the Americans love them? From my experience, they're unlikely to even like them.
b) Americans love Python. Americans also loved The Office. I'm sure you must like at least one of the two. Either way, that point is self-disproven.
c) You're a mental. How can you not like the Carry Ons? Perhaps Maggie should have done away with you too! :P

I for one think Mayor Ken would make a fab Kennith Williams.

Oooh Matron I've been having terrible trouble my congestion.

With of course lusty Lee Jasper, as Sid James.

Nyaaak nyaak ooh I'd love to honey baste you, and roast you in my warm embrace.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Carry On London centres on a limousine company ferrying celebrities to an awards show.

The star-studded Whistling nnocently' cast so far:-

Shane Richie
Victoria Silvstedt
Jynine James
:O

It’s got the dreaded ‘celebrities’ word in the brief!

I predict every B, C and D list celeb will be blagging a cameo appearance and it will turn into “Carry On Heat Magazine”.

Isn't the problenm with the Carry On films that their success was very much tied to the rather oddball cast (Kenneth Williams, Sid James, Bernard Breslaw, etc) and a very specific type of humour that reached it's peak in the seventies and then died away. For better or worse, we've moved on, and any new attempts to redo the films aren't going to be filled by todays top comedians, but ex soap actors, reality stars and anybody else who's been in Heat.

Carry on Films had some amazing talents, working for bollox all money. Also saved on sets (Wales as the North West frontier), and scripts (come on they were rubbish, the acting carried it through).

You could never replace them. In the same way silent films of the 20s seem so fresh, becuase the special effects, were so insane, and dangerous.

Totally agree on the silent movies point. Some of the stuff they did was completely insane. That said, I would quite like to see somebody like Shane Richie hanging from a clock tower two hundred feet in the air with no safety harness.

That whole standing infront of a barn, when the front falls down. Man a foot out, and your squished. The Keystone cops, Harold Lloyd, Buster Keaton, Laurel and Hardy. I mean they're like they're from a whole weird branch of the comedy tree, that jsut disapeared.

n.b. Charlie Chaplin, never like him.

Quote: sootyj @ March 14, 2008, 10:45 AM

Carry on Films had some amazing talents, working for bollox all money. Also saved on sets (Wales as the North West frontier), and scripts (come on they were rubbish, the acting carried it through).

Rubbish scripts?! That is a dirty, dirty lie. Angry

Sets definitely. Snowdonia (for the Khyber Pass) was the furthest they ever travelled from Pinewood. The Sahara in Follow That Camel was Camber Sands, and Carry On Cleo used the same sets, props and costumes as had just been used in Cleopatra.

Quote: David Chapman @ March 13, 2008, 9:14 PM

How about Julia Davis or Morwenna Banks? They'd make good characters.

Also the Green Wing team because they work so well together.

I heard about it too so is it all just speculation about the cast or has anything been announced?

Morenna Banks would definately be suited to it. The character she plays in Saxondale is just like something from a Carry On film.