Ok, might be a weird subject for a thread Page 3

Which one?
Not in Charing Cross road then I assume?

Nah, they're alright (although seem to be disappearing), but not nearly as great as the one I know.

I loved the Spaced house it was just so homey.

Tell meeeee!

Or are you going to withhold because I poked you in the eye.

The Spaced house is nice, but it's a bit studenty. You could have any house in the woooorld! The kitchen is in the corner of the living room!

Quote: zooo @ March 13, 2008, 2:26 PM

Tell meeeee!

Or are you going to withhold because I poked you in the eye.

No, I couldn't hold a grudge against the Great Leader!

(It's in Notting Hill.)

(The place, not the film. 'Cos there's a bookshop in that too! *taps noggin*)

Fine I choose the mansion they end up living in on "At Home with the Braithwaites "

That's better Curt! Mansions. Now you're talking. Can I visit?

Quote: Aaron @ March 13, 2008, 2:39 PM

(It's in Notting Hill.)

(The place, not the film. 'Cos there's a bookshop in that too! *taps noggin*)

Dylan Moran was in there too!

Quote: zooo @ March 13, 2008, 2:43 PM

That's better Curt! Mansions. Now you're talking. Can I visit?

Sure, but with the size of that place I doubt I would know if you had moved in.
I'd probably start blaming the staff for all my missing wine and cheese.

Talking of cosy, I'd quite like to live in the static caravan from the second series of I'm Alan Partridge. I'd quite happily live there with his foreign girlfriend.

My book shop will be staffed by me doing my best Dylan Moran impression. I can also provide a Bill Bailey impression on the side for free. Buy one get one free type offer.

Quote: zooo @ March 13, 2008, 2:43 PM

Dylan Moran was in there too!

Ah yes, so he was! :)

Quote: Curt @ March 13, 2008, 2:49 PM

Sure, but with the size of that place I doubt I would know if you had moved in.

When I build my mansion/house/castle/country estate, there'll be room for most people here to move in, should they wish. Anyone interested? :D

Quote: zooo @ March 13, 2008, 1:01 AM

Hmm. We never actually saw David Brent's house did we? Only just occured to me that he would have one.

In the DVD extras for The Office Christmas specials there is a bit featuring Rick, Steve and Jimmy Carr (from Slough, apparently) driving around Slough looking for the right location for David Brent's house. Obviously if they ever did film a scene of Brent at home it was never used.

However, they did show what house they thought Brent would have lived in, which was a typical 'Barratt Box' pleasant semi-detached house in a cul-de-sac.

Excellent. Yes I suppose that's perfect.

Why haven't I got the Xmas Special DVD?

Quote: Aaron @ March 13, 2008, 3:26 PM

When I build my mansion/house/castle/country estate, there'll be room for most people here to move in, should they wish. Anyone interested? :D

Wave Can there be stables?

I expect that they didn't want to show where Brent lived because like all the other characters the show was not about their private lives, but their working lifes. Would have been breaking a rule of comedy. Just like they never showed Monkey Alan - because it allows the audience to use their imagination. Monkey Alan to me is probably the unseen comedy character I would most like to meet.

I do think it's amazing though that, being a massive Gervais/The Office fan, I don't think it ever occured to me to wonder what his house was like, or where he lived, until now.