Keith Lemon's Very Brilliant World Tour

I'm actually really enjoying this. Pleasantly surprised!

Good work, ITV2.

For anyone not in the know:

TRAVEL: Keith Lemon's Very Brilliant World Tour
On: ITV2
Date: Tuesday 11th March 2008
Time: 22:00 to 22:30

Comedian Leigh Francis's alter ego Keith Lemon explores the world, meeting a host of celebrities along the way. Tonight he visits America, where he joins the Chippendales in Las Vegas and meets up with Spice Girls Mel B and Mel C. In Montana he tries his hand at being a cowboy, but only after he's first paid a visit to a Testicle Festival.

I thought it was pretty bad, although I don't really like Leigh Francis. He's one of those "comedians" who leaves me cold. So far, the only mildly amusing thing he's done in his career is the bear who gets an erection, and that get's pretty tired after you've seen it more than twice.

Weirdly, I LOVE Leigh Francis, but I'm not that keen on any of his characters.

Quote: chipolata @ March 12, 2008, 10:30 AM

I thought it was pretty bad, although I don't really like Leigh Francis. He's one of those "comedians" who leaves me cold. So far, the only mildly amusing thing he's done in his career is the bear who gets an erection, and that get's pretty tired after you've seen it more than twice.

Craig David doesnt like him either.

"You can see her ham sandwich so close that you can even see the mustard." haha!

I thought this was great. I love Leigh Francis and the majority of his characters (with the exception of Avid Merrion he gets on my tits). So I'm happy to have something enjoyable to watch on a Tuesday! Yay!

The quality of Leigh Francis' material has gone right down, over the last few years. I remember first seeing him, in 1997, when channel 5 first started, and he used to appear on that Sunday morning show, presented by Josie D'arby, playing different characters. I watched most of the stuff he did over the following years - that is until he did that show about the Bear's house, with Sean Pertwee, and Patsy Kensit, which was so bad, it was painful to watch. I haven't watched anything he's done since, for longer than 5 minutes.

I didn't see last night's show, but the character of Keith Lemon has never made me laugh anyway.

I hate when they choose my least favourite characters to concentrate on. Like when Sasha Baron Cohen did Borat. Still - he obviously knew best! (One massive box office movie hit in America later.)

I loved Bo Selecta but Keith Lemon was one of my least favourite characters so I approached this show with low expectations. I am pleased to sat I was pleasantly surprised - I thought it was excellent. Very funny indeed.

Bo' Selecta was good in places, but just turned into one of those comedies which relied too much on nob gags and celebrity guests.

I've seen one episode of this, and it wasn't too bad to be fair.

Very good again. Thought it started off slowly (although I did miss the first minute or so, admittedly), but picked up and had me laughing along by the end. Good stuff.

"Mad as a bag o' spaniels, that Holly Valance, but as tiiidy as y'like."

Laughing out loud

Is this show a sitcom? *strokes chin*

Agreed Aaron - another excellent episode this week. One of the biggest surprises of the year to date as I expected it to be awful. Very funny indeed. The scene at the poet convention had me in stitches.

Strangely (or not), I really hated that one. Thought it should have been cut from the show.

I'm really enjoying this show, and yet still feel like I shouldn't.

"Juliette Lewis; as mad as a bag of weasels, but tidy as you like."