Comedy Playhouse

I know this has been touched on in various threads but I (searched first and)thought it deserved its own.

I remember it when I was growing up and I know a few more will too. Some really good stuff came out of it - plus some naff stuff too. Steptoe & Son, the Gnomes of Dulwich to name a couple.

I guess that nowadays the BBC would be loathe to resurrect it although 4 did something similar last year. It would make a great competition now though with, say them selecting the best 6 which they then showed and had a public vote.

Oh God, not more f**king voting. Whenever voting is involved, particularly telephone voting, the only people who seem to take part are the braindead who'll then never actually watch a full series.

But the Comedy Playhouse idea was great, and it'd be nice to see some more along the same lines, I agree.

Recently wrote a review of the series on IMDB.COM: http://imdb.com/title/tt0861749/usercomments

Quote: Aaron @ March 10, 2008, 8:40 PM

Oh God, not more f**king voting. Whenever voting is involved, particularly telephone voting, the only people who seem to take part are the braindead who'll then never actually watch a full series.

Absolutely, the last thing we need is 'Sitcom Idol'... though it's probably only a matter of time.

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 10, 2008, 8:51 PM

Absolutely, the last thing we need is 'Sitcom Idol'... though it's probably only a matter of time.

But why not?

As you say it's inevitable -so let's do it.

Rape and murder is inevitable. Shall we do that too?

I suggested a re-vamp of comedy playhouse to the BBC about two years ago. They

weren’t interested.

Quote: Aaron @ March 10, 2008, 9:06 PM

Why Not Huh?

Let's do a reality show on that.

People can vote on it.

People can vote on it.

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 10, 2008, 8:51 PM

Whatever happened to this 'Stand Up Idol' type thing that was meant to be happening many moons ago?

Quote: David Chapman @ March 10, 2008, 9:14 PM

People can vote on it.

Quote: David Chapman @ March 10, 2008, 9:14 PM

People can vote on it.

How the hell did you manage to double-post?! :S

Maybe he's going senile and forever repeating himself. Either that or he's trying to get more posts than you Aaron, my God he is planning to live long.

LOL

Quote: Aaron @ March 10, 2008, 9:24 PM

How the hell did you manage to double-post?! :S

No idea!!!!!!!!!! Laughing out loud