"Sweet Child of Ours" the End

I've done something quite strange I've finished the end of the episode first and only sketched the begininng and middle. This follows directly from the last scene I posted....any opinions? be honest if you don't like it sock it to me! I can take it Teary this is all in draft form so all comments will be taken on board

INT. PET SHOP - INSECT/ARACHNID SECTION - DAY

Mike stares into a spider tank. The tarantula looks dead. In the background a large anteater, in an overcoat and hat is studying the ant farms.

MIKE
Are you sure this is what you want?

Mike taps the glass to wake it up. The large ant eater looks around and dips his nose into the ant farm. Sucking up the ants with his long tongue.

MIKE
It looks dead.

Shop attendants have spotted the ant eater, and are trying to pull him away, but he claws at the table to keep his nose in the farm. Lance reads from the information board by the tank.

LANCE
It's says here that it’s going through a shedding cycle, every 5 months it increases in size and has to shed its skin.

The ant eater is dragged off kicking and screaming.

LANCE (CONT'D)
These spiders will grow quite large and require special tanks to regulate their environment.

MIKE
Quite large you say?

START DREAM SEQUENCE

INT. NEWMAN’S LIVINGROOM - DAY

Mike is sitting on the couch. The tarantula is next to the couch. Sara approaches Mike she is dressed up as a stereotype nagging wife, wearing an apron and carrying a rolling pin.

SARA
Tedious chores!! Tedious chores!!

The tarantula sheds its skin, and steps out of its disused husk. It's now over 5 feet tall and growls at Sara.

EXT. BUSY CITY STREET - DAY
There is a massive tail back as a single car tries to reverse park. Mike sits on the back of his massive tarantula riding it like a horse.

Mike kicks his heels in and pulls the reign.

MIKE
HE-YAA

The spider crawls up the wall and runs to the front of the queue. Leaping down beside the offending car, the giant spider picks the car up and hurls it into the sky

Sara is dressed in a slutty black outfit, she can’t keep her hands off Mike. The kids are suspended in a massive spider’s web above, their mouths are webbed shut. Mike is dressed like Hercules from Jason and Argonauts.

SARA
That family pet you bought us is the greatest.

Mike throws head back

MIKE
Huzzah!

END DREAM SEQUENCE

INT./EXT. NEWMAN’S FRONTDOOR - DAY

Sara opens the door to Mike and Lance. Mike holding a saddle under one arm, and a spider’s tank under the other. Their faces are positively beaming.

MIKE
Well? What do you think?

INT. PET SHOP- DAY

The ATTENDANT puts the spider tank back on the shelf gently.

ATTENDANT
Sir we don't regularly take returns. Especially with the more affectionate animals.

The two men turn and walk away. The spider puts its arm against the glass a single tear drops from its eyes.

MIKE
Cute and cuddly is the order of the day, have you got some thing my wife'll love and in proxy the kids will have to learn to like

ATTENDANT
I think we've got just the thing.

INT. PET SHOP- DAY

Mike looks dubious as the fiendish parrots stares at him. The Parrot Squarks.

MIKE
Not very cute and cuddly. She might be a bit put of by its razor sharp beak.

ATTENDANT
Parrots are very intelligent and affectionate creatures.

MIKE
Hey little fella.

Mike moves to pet the PARROT BUT it snaps at him narrowly missing his fingers.

MIKE
YIKES! I don't think her lord and master will like that we've had a lot of problem with birds.

START DREAM SEQUENCE

EXT. BUS STOP - DAY

Mike is standing next to the lollipop shaped bus stop. A pair of eyes appear from in the bush behind him, it’s the 1980’s puppet THE WHY BIRD from BBC’s Playdays.

WHY BIRD
Ok Change it!

MIKE
I Dunno you've already been on this week.

The Why bird bursts out of the bush furiously pecking at Mike’s head.

WHY BIRD
CHANGE IT! CHANGE THE STOP!!

END DREAM SEQUENCE

INT. PET SHOP- DAY

MIKE
What have you got in the line of dogs?

INT. PET SHOP DOG SECTION- DAY

Mike is looking down at a pen of big eyed dribbling puppies.

MIKE
How long does one of these last?

ATTENDANT
Excuse me sir?

MIKE
You know how long does it last? Are the kids going to be in college? Or just half way through high school?

ATTENDANT
The average is 10-12 years.

MIKE
And how far into that do they stop dribbling and eating shoes?

ATTENDANT
Sir it depends on what discipline the dog is given, are you sure you want a dog? We have cats which are a lot less dependant on owners then dogs.

MIKE
No cats, I don't trust them they always look like their scheming something. No the wife wants a dog so I'll get her a dog.

MIKE
Why's that one cheaper then this one? They look the same.

ATTENDANT
Oh the slightly more expensive one has been house trained

MIKE
That doesn't come as standard?

ATTENDANT
No sir some people like to train their own pet to build bond.

MIKE
How long does it take?

ATTENDANT
It depends on the animals and trainer.

MIKE
Well it can't be that difficult I taught the kids how to do it. Bag up that little poop machine. I think he's the one for me.

MIKE
How much of a guarantee do they come with?

ATTENDANT
Sir these are living creatures they are all vetted and in the highest levels of health before leaving the store.

MIKE
So no guarantee?

Mike and Lance sit and stare at Dexter it stares back with a vacant expression.

MIKE
Feel anything yet?

LANCE
Not really.

FADE TO BLACK.

MIKE
Wait I feel something

Mike farts

MIKE
Oh no just gas

END OF EPISODE

In my view, it seemed too reliant on the dream sequences and what was going on in the background, with the anteater, for laughs. Would prefer a bit more humor in the dialogue too. Not sure how much milage there is in having a character from an existing show in there, this may be difficult to get permission for.

I really liked the mental image I had of him riding the giant spider over the traffic queue. Some imaginative stuff I'd say.

Brilliant cheers Steve, I'm glad you said that to be honest. I was a bit concerned about the ending seeming a bit jumpy I will get me big black marker and make some ADJUSTMENTS!!!! lol thanks again for taking time to read :)