Tilt on BBC7 will take submissions

If you saw our news story the other day about the new and returning radio comedies commissioned you'll have heard that Tilt is coming to BBC Radio 7.

I've just found out that apparently this show will be taking stuff from non-commissioned writers so start prepping some sketches. The comedy will run from the 26th March so they'll be open for submissions soon I imagine.

That's all I know at the moment but will hopefully have more details to share next week.

Thanks for that.

Sounds like a really interesting opportunity.

Recording starts 2nd April; haven’t found any details about submissions yet

http://www.londonisfree.com/2008/02/tilt_1.html

Fantastic, I'm going to have a go at doing some practise skits today, hope some of you can give me feedback?

New to BBC 7, Tilt, is a satirical sketch show that rather than tackling the week's events in the normal way, examines news stories at a slightly different angle. All the sketches are set "Behind the scenes", as to give the impression of what the story really is about.

Excellent, what do think they mean by this new angle?

Perhaps it'll be acute rather than obtuse. Thanks for the heads up Mark.

However, there might be a short-list you have to be on 1st. I'm not too sure yet.

Basically, about a month ago, some people who got far in previous BBC Talent / Writersroom schemes like 'Show me the Funny' and 'Play & Record' got an email saying they were looking for new sketches for this show, plus a brief (quite a general brief). They were asked to submit stuff on a non-commissioned basis and send in a few ideas for re-occuring characters.

This Tuesday many of them were invited to a read-through of some of the 'Tilt' material as well as material for other shows like 'Spatz', 'Watson and Oliver' and 'The John Finnemore Sketch Show'- so whether it's open to everyone is questionable. Maybe once the show starts.

I've heard something similar about that too from a friend of mine who's a stand up, and also a much better sketch writer than I am.

I think it's good as it rewards progress, but I hope they do make it open door at some point along the way for the rest of us.