The Cuckoo Waltz

Hi all.

I've just joined this forum and I have a query about 70s sitcom 'The Cuckoo Waltz'.

I am an Oldham Athletic supporter and I vaguely remember an episode being filmed at Oldham's ground. Can anyone please tell me what Series / Episode this was? Also, is it available on VHS / DVD and does anyone know where I can get a copy?

Thank you for your help

oafc_ok

Can I just say I have a hatred of Oldham Athletic. I lived in a Saddleworth village called Greenfield and Greenfield is a part of Oldham. I went to school at Saddleworth School and we used to get a lot of Oldham fans in and they were the most bitter supporters I've ever come across. Being from Manchester, I was and still am a devout Manchester United supporter and my God were they jealous of the red devils.

Quote: Jack Massey @ March 20, 2008, 10:58 PM

Can I just say I have a hatred of Oldham Athletic. I lived in a Saddleworth village called Greenfield and Greenfield is a part of Oldham. I went to school at Saddleworth School and we used to get a lot of Oldham fans in and they were the most bitter supporters I've ever come across. Being from Manchester, I was and still am a devout Manchester United supporter and my God were they jealous of the red devils.

I don't think they'd be jealous. It's too easy to support the scum - sorry Manchester United.

Quote: oafc_ok @ February 23, 2008, 9:01 AM

Hi all.

I've just joined this forum and I have a query about 70s sitcom 'The Cuckoo Waltz'.

I am an Oldham Athletic supporter and I vaguely remember an episode being filmed at Oldham's ground. Can anyone please tell me what Series / Episode this was? Also, is it available on VHS / DVD and does anyone know where I can get a copy?

Thank you for your help

oafc_ok

Remind me a bit about this. It rings bells but I can't quite remember it.

I understand that too many people from way outside Manchester seem to be United fans and that is not good, i.e. everyone you speak to at Old Trafford these days seems to be a cockney, but I'm from Manchester, my family have been United fans as far back as I know (1920s) so I think that gives me the right to be a United fan.

There's not much point arguing with David on this one Jack. In his opinion, Manchester United don't have the right to life, let alone have fans!

Quote: Jack Massey @ March 21, 2008, 10:02 AM

I understand that too many people from way outside Manchester seem to be United fans and that is not good, i.e. everyone you speak to at Old Trafford these days seems to be a cockney, but I'm from Manchester, my family have been United fans as far back as I know (1920s) so I think that gives me the right to be a United fan.

I'll let you off then - just this once!

Just looked up Cuckoo Waltz on this wonderful web site and I see it had the beautiful Diane Keene - what a perfect face she had - but I don't remember ever watching it.

David - are you a Man City fan?

Quote: catskillz @ March 22, 2008, 2:50 AM

David - are you a Man City fan?

No - anyone but Manchester United!

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

I remember that episode when the reporter spoke with Alan Groves (RIP), and I think Graham Bell, about latics...

I really enjoyed United's 3-0 triumph over the Scouse bastards yesterday. I take it you have once lived in Oldham then Bob. I used to live in an area of Oldham called Saddleworth.

I lived in Hollins and who are manure? And as they say in Sorry!, "Language Timothy"!

Sorry Bob, but when you're top of your league in February (last season) then you should be going up. You just scraped it into the playoffs. My mates a Blackpool fan by the way.

Ferguson really has got a bloody cheek criticising players for ganging up on refs - althought Mascarano was a real twat.