Studio comedy in demand from BBC Page 3

Yeah, I think we can all get too hung-up on having a Gervais-style hissy-fit about the way we see our material at submission stage. It's good to have a strong visual idea of your script, but I think having a closed mind about such issues before you get any feedback is silly.

Quote: Aaron @ February 14, 2008, 2:20 PM

Ok, you're forgiven. (Just to clarify, they're certainly not closing the door, they just want more studio stuff, as I understand it.) :)

With the BBC its quite easy to read between the lines. And they are saying you have got a better chance of getting a studio one than a non-studio one. Again, I was saying be equal to both.

I'd be more enthusiastic generally about current studio-based sitcoms if the BBC showed sitcoms more akin to The IT Crowd at prime-time.

I thought it strange that on one (or more) episodes of the recent series of Two Pints, at the end they drew the cameras back to show that it was in front of a live audience. At a guess I expect that they were trying to quash any rumours that canned laughter was used.

=================

I think that that was the live special, Bill. I can't think of any other of the episodes which have had it.

I reckon someone should pen a series of "when the whistle blows"
and make it more corny and "sold out" than how it appears in Extras.
I think it would be ace and great for an audience.

Quote: Matt Webb @ February 28, 2008, 10:48 AM

I reckon someone should pen a series of "when the whistle blows"

Get the yanks to buy it, make millions and buy a house next to Ricky....the install a bowling alley ;)