Norman Wisdom Page 2

his children== ungrateful scum1 I bet they dont complain about getting his money!

I only saw a bit of the programme, but turned over, because I thought it would be too depresseing. I f**king hate the thought of getting old. One of the reasons I'm trying to get into comedy, is that it might make me rich, and give me a bit more self-respect when I reach old age.

I haven't had much exposure to old people, due to the fact that my Mum's Mum, and my Dad's Dad both died before I was born; then my Dad's Mum died when I was 7, and my Mum's Dad died when I was 15.

I saw What's Good For The Goose the other day and found it very enjoyable and strangely sexy. Also, do you think all the falling over Norman did over the course of his career contributed to his alzheimers? In the same way all that boxing did in Muhamad Ali?

He came over as a right nasty bastard before his alzeihmers.

Not sure if it's true, but an entertaining film none the less.

He was a very, entertaining actor/comedian with a great voice.

I wander if he'd been a bit younger, and been on TV in the 60s, or the Carry on films if he might have been even more iconic?

There is a school of thought that Lee Evans is just Norman Wisdom on acid.

Chipolata if I ever rule this country, the expression

"on acid,"

will lead to a swift execution for who ever uses it.

That said Lee Evans is very, very much a tribute act. Ever see his movie "Funny bones," surprisingly good.

Agree about Funny Bones, it's a great movie. And a great movie about comedy. Sorry about saying "on acid" but like most cliched phrases it's a nice shorthand to describe something.

You may be spared,

people who say,

"It's like something out of Starwars" to describe the new Nissan Micra

or

"Don't mind me I'm MAD!"(unless they have actual mental illness)

Won't be spared.

Quote: sootyj @ April 11 2008, 10:44 AM BST

"It's like something out of Starwars" to describe the new Nissan Micra

You could say "I~t's like something out of Star Wars" to describe something that's badly written, badly acted and will largely appeal to young socially inadequate men who will never touch a girl.

Quote: chipolata @ April 11 2008, 10:31 AM BST

There is a school of thought that Lee Evans is just Norman Wisdom on acid.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4lh4DCHSGzE

Mikado that is genius. Bring back Lee and Herring!

Star Wars*

Quote: The Cool Mikado @ April 11 2008, 11:52 AM BST

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4lh4DCHSGzE

Yay!

You can basically answer any question, or remedy any problem with a bit of Lee & Herring.

Laughing out loud

Brilliant!

The Alzheimer's might explain why Norman picked 8 of his own records (out of 8) on Desert Islands Discs a few years ago. I just thought he was a twat - as did Sue Lawley.