Best Christmas Special Page 2

Porridge - The Desperate Hours

The Dad's Army and Porridge Christmas Specials.

Also, for recent Christmas specials, last night's QI compliation show on BBC Four was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

It is repeated on BBC Two on Boxing Day, and is packed full of unbroadcast material, some of which failed to be shown because of rudeness, or simple bloopers.

One thing I did learn was that if you want to make Stephen Fry cry, just ask him, "What do they say of the Acropolis, where the Parthenon is?"

Alternatively, you could just get Alan Davies to bite his ear.

No-one has mentioned Bottom. All Gold, Frankenstein and Grrrr.

Quote: Wildjesusfishkid @ December 15, 2007, 12:02 PM

No-one has mentioned Bottom. All Gold, Frankenstein and Grrrr.

:)

Bit obvious, but I would go for Only Fools and Horses 'The Jolly Boys Outing' - a great sitcom at its very peak. Then the Partridge Xmas Special.

"ALAN PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE..." Laughing out loud

Just watching Father Ted.

I forgot how good it was. I'd remembered (surprisingly) the lingerie department bit and forgotten how small a part of the story it was.

Porridge: No Way Out, this was a good christmas special.

Don't forget Blackadder's christmas carol too.

Like a fine wine, it improves with age.

Just watched the Please Sir christmas special titled "And Everybody came too"- pretty good.

'Only Fools and Horses - To Hull and Back' 1985 X-mas Special

Good choice, but it didn't have a Christmas theme to the episode.

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em - Jessica's First Christmas
When Frank catapults through the church roof and has to be rescued by helicopter..hilarious. :D
The Royle Family was another one I enjoyed, they know how to throw a good knees-up.
I've never seen the Porridge one, I'd love to see that.

Then you, Sir, are in luck.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/181847/Porridge_Christmas_Specials/Product.html]

If only my local thrift shop carried such treasures *sigh*

Quote: Griff @ June 25 2008, 1:33 PM BST

They've got loads of classic comedy DVDs in there at the moment - Till Death, Rising Damp, Porridge, Les Dawson, and also both series of Worst Week Of My Life, which I liked. I may have to go in and clear them out.

Ooo! Get Till Death for meeeeeeeeee! (I assume that's the series and not the film?)