Final Draft....

Okay. So, does anyone know where to download it from at all? More importantly for free?

Oh, and since I got a new laptop, with Windows Vista installed last night my Microsoft Word 2007 stopped working (Trial period?). When I tried to type it came up with this, "the modification is not allowed because the window is locked."

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers.

Yes. Install XP.

Yeah, that's not really any help, heh.

Vista is evil and i'm avoiding it like the plague which is also evil but not as evil as Vista

Quote: hotzappa11 @ December 8, 2007, 1:40 PM

Yeah, that's not really any help, heh.

Haha, sorry, couldn't help myself. Yeah... Hm, interesting one. Tried Googling the problem?

Re FD, I've got a copy from about a year or so ago, don't know if it would even install on Vista though. Would never condone illegal downloads. COUGH COUGH. Angelic

Yeah, I don't appear to have FD on my Vista either, must have tried to install it ages ago and failed?

how come u dont have the edit bits on ure post?

What edit bits? No idea what you're on about.

Angelic

Whistling nnocently

I got my eye on you two. Somethhing is suss here. lol

Quote: hotzappa11 @ December 8, 2007, 12:30 PM

Okay. So, does anyone know where to download it from at all? More importantly for free?

Oh, and since I got a new laptop, with Windows Vista installed last night my Microsoft Word 2007 stopped working (Trial period?). When I tried to type it came up with this, "the modification is not allowed because the window is locked."

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers.

Yeah, go to www.computing.net

This doesn't matter now. It seems the Microsoft Office Trial has expired and now i've got to pay for new software. *sigh* Anyway, thanks. Onwards and upwards...

There's a free office works you can get and it's excellent. I'll try and find the link for you

Quote: bushbaby @ December 9, 2007, 7:02 PM

There's a free office works you can get and it's excellent. I'll try and find the link for you

I guess you're talking about http://www.openoffice.org/ I use it, it's great. A totally FREE.

I quite like Vista so far. But what really pisses me off is when it starts downloading updates and your computer decides to restart in the middle of something, and/or takes ages to boot up. FYI Office 2003 works fine in Vista, despite assurances from the paid-on-commission fools at Puk World that it wouldn't and that I needed to buy Office 2007 from them instead.