If You See God, Tell Him

BBC 4 showed this on Monday night as part of David Renwick night.

Not a bad comedy IMO tis a shame that the BBC don't take more risks when it comes to repeating shows. Surely they could repeat more comedies on BBC Three/4 then they do.

Couldn't agree more. There's so much great stuff (and not so great but still very interesting) that they're sitting on. I don't understand why they don't show it, rather than f**king House Exchange In The Attic or whatever the c**tybollocks is on daytime TV at the moment. >_<

They have 2 Point 4 Children, Birds, If You See God Tell Him, Waiting For God, and others yet we always get Vicar Of Dibley on 1 and Two Pints Of Larger. I feel like e-mailing them and saying You've shown 1 episode why not show the rest!

I've always thought they should start BB3 an hour earlier or 2 if they want to be daring and show an hour of clasic comedy but of non usual suspects. Like 2 Point For Children, Bread, Birds, Solo, Ever Decreasing but hey I really want to see fat teens hunt and People selling tat at auctions.

So I'm currently enjoying the DVDs of One Foot and Love Soup.

Should I buy this one?

What other Renwick is currently available?

It's really far darker than the others, but is very funny so probably worth watching IMO. Terribly depressing at the end, mind.

Other Renwick includes the uber-superb Jonathan Creek.

Far darker? Ohh... that must be Marion&Geoff levels so?

I was under the impression Jonathan Creek was a medieval Doctor Who.

I've not seen Marion & Geoff so can't comment directly, but as I understand it, M&G is rather lightweight in comparison.

Jonathan Creek is a big dollop of fantasticness. Comparing it to Doctor Who is an insult to the former.

Series 1 of M&G is flawless, 2 is just as good but the full length episodes can make it more difficult to focus on.

I quite like Doctor Who, it's just not the sort of thing I'd buy. Jonathan Creek has been in my basket on Amazon for a good year or so now.

Buy it then! Who is fun, but Creek is both fun and astonishingly clever, complex, and meticulously well-thought-out and written. Probably the best drama series I've ever seen.

Quote: Aaron @ May 3 2009, 2:17 PM BST

I've not seen Marion & Geoff so can't comment directly, but as I understand it, M&G is rather lightweight in comparison.

I don't think lightweight is the right word. The style of Marion & Geoff is that very serious things are lightly skipped across by the main character. But it is still very easy to see how dark things are for the character and occasionally his facade slips.

Quote: Nick @ May 3 2009, 2:35 PM BST

I don't think lightweight is the right word. The style of Marion & Geoff is that very serious things are lightly skipped across by the main character. But it is still very easy to see how dark things are for the character and occasionally his facade slips.

It is a show where you're a lot more likely to wind up crying at than laughing.

Never seen this - but love Renwick's work.

Interesting title - anything to do with the British Gas adverts.

The show isn't, but the title is, yes.

It satirises early 1990s adverts according to Amazon?

Don't know about the show - but the British Gas adverts were great!