Desperate Heroes

I took this info below from John August's blog today

****On the line today, I met blog reader Deanna, who’s working as a post-production PA while half-finishing TV specs. I shared with her my ultimate TV spec idea, which I invite her and all readers to run with, because I certainly won’t.

“Desperate Heroes.” You insert the characters of Heroes into Wisteria Lane. Bree takes over for HRG, with Claire as her daughter. Matt is married to Lynette. Gabrielle is having an affair with Sylar, who is trying to figure out why men keep throwing themselves at her, and whether it’s the kind of power that merits brain-eating. Edie has a super-strong alter-ego. The two best eye-scrunchers — Susan and Hiro — flirt and meddle, ultimately making things much worse. Through it all, Mary Alice continues as narrator.1

Yes, pulling this off would be very difficult; you’re trying to showcase two very different styles simultaneously. But I’ve had to staff TV shows, and a well-executed version of this would get my attention. ****

Are there any other potential great mixes out there?

Swap the Royles for the Abbotts (Bless This House). If for no other reason than Sid James would be far easier on the eye than Ricky Tomlinson.

Just had a Eureka moment on the toilet.

What about mixing Father Ted with Dr Who. Father Jack could be the new Dalek leader. All those Daleks running around saying "Extermi..Ah Feck Off!!"

I'd like to see Eddie and Richie terrorise the cast of Friends.