Christmas TV Page 2

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ December 11, 2006, 7:42 PM

oh!? treasure hunt!?

Wow! I used to love that show. "STOP THE CLOCK!!! STOP THE CLOCK!!!"

Does anyone know what I'm on about?

Challenge Anneka was awful though. Totally fixed and syrupy sickly sweet. Ugh!

I loved treasure hunt rerun watching...and crystal maze!

Sounds like a winner with a few repeats..better than what is going to be on here in the States..We get the movie reruns of Jimmy Stewart each day,,One question from this side of the pond???What to heck is "Boxing day?"Valentine

Valentine, Boxing Day is generally only really properly celebrated in the UK these days. You can read about it here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

we get to celebrate with official turkey sandwiches :D

Turkey! Bleh! Sick

Im kind of the same frame of mind-but I have to eat it according to my parents- "because its Christmas"

Quote: Aaron @ December 17, 2006, 2:12 AM

Valentine, Boxing Day is generally only really properly celebrated in the UK these days. You can read about it here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

And its a really popular day to watch football. There's always bigger crowds - sort of a yearly tradition. Hence why I never see any TV on Boxing day cause I'm always watching my team lose!
:(

I've given this a long hard think and although they are long gone, Christmas TV always only ever meant one thing: Morcambe and Wise.

Quote: Baumski @ December 19, 2006, 7:36 PM

I've given this a long hard think and although they are long gone, Christmas TV always only ever meant one thing: Morcambe and Wise.

Its difficult now to comprehend how big they were. At a time when there were only 3 UK TV channels, the Xmas specials were getting well over 20 million viewers. I think in 1977, almost half the country watched it. Incredible!

If Boxing Day was really a Saints Day..how did the boxing part of it come about .......

I hate turkey.I eat ham because I have Jewish blood and I am not suppose to.

Is your football we we here in the states call soccer? I like soccer but I hate the Football season over here..Nothing but Bowl games day after day..Yukky on females as men love it.yukky!!Valentine

Who is playing all of the wrong notes and why..are they backward or out of order..Do they make you want to dance or sing??Valentine

Hum..to me Christmas always meant Jesus Christ's Birthday!!!!!!!!

Quote: Baumski @ December 19, 2006, 7:36 PM

I am, as they say, "gutted". The first schedules had Morecambe & Wise at lunchtime on Boxing Day, but there's not a single sign of it AT ALL now. Best we're going to get is "A special Christmas compilation of sketches and comedy routines from the much-loved duo.", which will be on BBC 7. :(

Oh well, I suppose I have my downloads.

First THEY avoid mentioning Christmas and now it's Morcambe and Wise. If there's something going on I think we should be told.

Quote: VALENTINE @ December 20, 2006, 2:37 AM

If Boxing Day was really a Saints Day..how did the boxing part of it come about .......

because it was also the day all the rich people opened these boxes and gave their servants their pay for the year

I was watching TV on Christmas Eve before travelling back up to the Lakes, and I was watching the old 70's ( I think ) version of the Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Now I don't know whether it was because I was severely hung over (an understatement) but it brought loads of memories back from when I was kid.

As I was packing I was almost kneeling in front of the TV crying "Don't go up the hill Aslan, don't!"

He did though.