What are you eating? Page 699

'pays' if you please.

'un bercun.'

Quote: A Horseradish @ 4th September 2014, 7:10 PM BST

They are the best company for oven chips so I will have to give them a go. I am sure that it isn't really their fault that they share a name with a nut case in America. On the earlier point about Walkers, they must have fixed the competition in favour of Ranch Raccoon. All six of the flavours are approximate to those given to crisps before and it is the only one with a fairly interesting name. Still, I am sticking with cheese and onion.

You can't beat McCain oven chips - regular Crinkle Cut Home Chips with fish etc. - French Fries with Hot Dogs/Burgers and Southern Fries with "KFC"

Deeelisshhhhhhhhh. :)

Quote: Lazzard @ 2nd September 2014, 2:29 PM BST

Shredded with dijon mustard and mayonnaise
Celeriac Remoulade to you and me.
Delish with a hunk of crusty French bread

Going to try this soon. I have decided I really like celeriac.

Tonight tea is celeriac, chicken and potato pieces with sour cream and chives.
Although it is rather late so it's a bit closer to a midnight snack than tea.

Does celeriac taste like celery? If so, I'm out.

I am eating a very sophisticated mini tin of spaghetti shapes.

Quote: zooo @ 5th September 2014, 12:34 PM BST

Does celeriac taste like celery? If so, I'm out.

I am eating a very sophisticated mini tin of spaghetti shapes.

Sort of but not really. I would say a bit like celery and a tiny bit like parsnip and little sweet. I think this is just me though, and no one else would describe it like this.

I would be terrible at Masterchef in general but especially in the challenge where they have to taste a stew or something and guess all the flavours in it.

Oh god, I would be so awful at that.

I like parsnip, but despiiiiiiiiiise celery.

Quote: zooo @ 5th September 2014, 12:44 PM BST

Oh god, I would be so awful at that.

I like parsnip, but despiiiiiiiiiise celery.

I remember having celery and peanut butter or French Onion dip as a kid. These days I don't really eat raw celery but I use it in cooking on the two or three times a year I bother to roast a chicken or make a soup.

It just tastes like it isn't even food to me.

Like coriander, which tastes of soap. But most people don't think it does, so I must have an extra/missing tastebud.

Soup.
Apple.
Diet.
Arse.

Hopefully not apple soup?

Quote: zooo @ 5th September 2014, 1:07 PM BST

Like coriander, which tastes of soap. But most people don't think it does, so I must have an extra/missing tastebud.

Laughing out loud I like coriander but understand what you mean! It's like a bitter but fragrented taste.

Quote: Lee @ 5th September 2014, 1:12 PM BST

Laughing out loud I like coriander but understand what you mean! It's like a bitter but fragrented taste.

I grow my own we get through so much.

Quote: zooo @ 5th September 2014, 1:07 PM BST

I think that is something to do with genes.

I have the brussels sprout loving, coriander hating gene.

Cheese and onion toasted sandwich....kiss anyone??