British Comedy Guide

Inside No. 9 - Series 9

Well, there was a lot there to digest, with dystopian smatterings of 1984 and Stepford Wives, and questions, questions - as usual, like..........I was going to mention one thing, but that would be a spoiler

Enjoyed it though "Wilma Cockshow" 😆

Yes. Great stuff as ever.

Didn't notice the hare,
Expect it was there somewhere

The man's a poet
and don't no it

I thought that was excellent fun, and I certainly didn't see the ending coming (this may be because it doesn't really hold up to scrutiny, but I won't unpack that yet - and anyway, it probably doesn't matter in terms of enjoyment).

I don't bother with looking for the hare, but I assume that it was on an advert on the wall.

Outrageously blatant use of the "don't tell 'em, Pike" gag.

Loved it as usual! I know they're doing a stage show next, but I really hope some new TV venture is on the horizon as well.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th May 2024, 7:56 AM

Didn't notice the hare,
Expect it was there somewhere

I'm going to imagine it was hidden down Wilma's cleavage.

"Did you know Meryl Streep is an anagram of 'Try Eel Sperm?'.

As brilliant as the cast was, Steve stole this episode. His bitchy quips were wonderful.

I thought it was ok, it felt more like an episode of Inside No. 9 than most of the last series did. It might just be that I don't like dystopian stuff, the concept is scary but it doesn't really work for me dramatically. It reminded me a bit of Sardines.

Loved last night's, really twisted. Am I right in thinking that was the first No 9 to only feature Reece and Steve onscreen?

OMG, that's was horrendous - two of my greatest fears, but can't say anymore than that.

Very gripping.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 16th May 2024, 7:22 PM

Am I right in thinking that was the first No 9 to only feature Reece and Steve onscreen?

I thought "Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room" was just them in that room, but maybe not?

Yeah, very good episode. I liked the previous one as well, but preferred the twists in this one, and probably some of the best acting from them both that I've seen.

I still shudder when I think of what was presented to us - not much comedy there, though! Not that I am bothered, as it is good to get one that really shocks.

Brilliant episode. On a shallow note, Steve looked surprisingly good with that white hair.

Quote: zooo @ 17th May 2024, 8:02 AM

Brilliant episode. On a shallow note, Steve looked surprisingly good with that white hair.

Ooooh, he's turned your head eh? Poor Norman................

Great fun episode. Not funny in the least, but very entertaining, and excellently perfromed.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th May 2024, 11:46 PM

OMG, that's was horrendous - two of my greatest fears, but can't say anymore than that.

Very gripping.

I thought "Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room" was just them in that room, but maybe not?

Someone came in at the end (daughter of the deceased?), if I recall.

Yes. Not very funny at all but lots of twists.