Keep Your Seats, Please! (1937)

I finally got to have some good laughs out of a George Formby film, which surprised me given it was such an early one of his, and was the debut of his very naughty (then) "When I'm Cleaning Windows"

And was an early venture into films too for Alastair Sim, who was even then showing signs of how good he would be - love the man!

Also, starred Florence Desmond as the love interest, and according to reports (Melvyn Hayes on TPTV) - as with Arthur Lucan and his wife + others - George's wife was on set most days to make sure that Florence didn't take her part too serious.

One other person to mention is Binkie Stuart, the 4-year-old clone of Shirley Temple, who would've apparently been as big a star as Shirley, and was even lined up to do Hollywood films, then the war put an end to all that and she faded from the film industry very rapidly, which was a shame as she clearly had a natural talent.

Worth the watch - 7/10

Yeah, this is a really enjoyable film with a wonderfully typical comic plot. It's a very interesting point in Formby's career, the point at which he really goes from star to superstar - and the inclusion of probably his most iconic song does nothing to dampen that.

Blu-ray please, STUDIOCANAL!