Funniest Fringe Joke Page 2

Isn't it just a shit version of....
"Going out with a girl from the zoo.
This ones a keeper"

if I've just made that up - I demand a recount.

Quote: alison blunderland @ 22nd August 2023, 4:16 PM

Lorna Rose Treen was voted winner of the annual competition with: "I started dating a zookeeper, but it turned out he was a cheetah."

The moment I saw it, I rewrote it in my head. This would be my version (and it's topical):

"I'm a big fan of women's football and I dated a Lioness once . . . but she turned out to be a cheater."

Don't bother. We've already improved it and yours is just pointless.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd August 2023, 7:22 PM

Don't bother. We've already improved it and yours is just pointless.

Sorry you don't like it, Rodders, but I texted it to one of the girls who played in the World Cup Final on Sunday and she replied, "Brilliant!"

I'm happy with that. :)

Most of the other ones mentioned in the 'top 10' were a bit naff as well. The only one I quite liked is from William Stone: "Nationwide must have looked pretty silly when they opened their first branch".

Apologies to anybody who doesn't like cut and paste merchants, but here are the previous winners (I quite like Dan Antopolski's and Tommy Tiernan's, although the one that won this year is in keeping with a lot of the rest ):

2023 - Lorna Rose Treen
'I started dating a zookeeper, but it turned out he was a cheetah.'

2022 - Masai Graham
'I tried to steal spaghetti from the shop, but the female guard saw me and I couldn't get pasta.'

2019 - Olaf Falafel
'I keep randomly shouting out "Broccoli" and "Cauliflower" - I think I might have Florets.'

2018 - Adam Rowe
'Working at the job centre has to be a tense job: knowing that if you get fired, you still have to come in the next day.'

2017 - Ken Cheng
'I'm not a fan of the new pound coin, but then again, I hate all change.'

2016 - Masai Graham
'My dad has suggested that I register for a donor card. He's a man after my own heart.'

2015 - Tommy Tiernan
'Two flies are playing football in a saucer. One says to the other: "Make an effort, we're playing in the cup tomorrow."'

2014 - Tim Vine
'I've decided to sell my Hoover... well, it was just collecting dust.'

2013 - Rob Auton
'I heard a rumour that Cadbury is bringing out an oriental chocolate bar. Could be a Chinese Wispa.'

2012 - Stewart Francis
'You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks.'

2011 - Nick Helm
'I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.'

2010 - Tim Vine
'I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again.'

2009 - Dan Antopolski
'Hedgehogs - why can't they just share the hedge?'

2012 is good.
The pasta one is the kinda thing anyone could come up with, given f**k all else to do.

I like the florets one.

They're all better than this year's, because they work as jokes. Admittedly, 2011's is a bit messy - "with 8 characters" would have made far more sense than "8 characters long" - but still.

The password for my sit com writing software has to have at least 5 characters, one of which is unusual.

2018 is cute. Twisted logic like Jack Dee.
Stuart Francis is awesome - a barrage of one-liners.

2017 is older than an Italian politician. Doctor, I think I'm a pound coin. - No change, then?
I'm starting to think there's hope for me.

Quote: a plate @ 22nd August 2023, 8:53 PM

Most of the other ones mentioned in the 'top 10' were a bit naff as well. The only one I quite liked is from William Stone: "Nationwide must have looked pretty silly when they opened their first branch".

:D Reminds me of Sean Lock talking about Just Juice.

The hoover one is funny.

I like the Job Centre one.

Presumably Tim Vine wasn't up there this year.

Oh I agree with anyone who thinks the joke is painfully unfunny
good grief.
Bring back the Hedgehog joke

I used to dislike my fringe but it's growing on me.
(worst fringe joke)

I think my worst ever jokes are:
What does an optician drink from? Glasses.
I have an upset stomach. I just told it about the war in Russia.
But they're so bad, I like them. Better not start a Gong Show with them, though.