A Ghost Of A Chance (1968)

A CFF film (Children's Foundation), which is listed by the IMDb as a Drama and the BFI as a Children's Fantasy (?), but with stars such as Jimmy Edwards, Patricia Hayes, Graham Stark, Terry Scott, Ronnie Barker, Bernard Cribbins and to a lesser extent John Bluthall clearly this is a comedy film - can't be anything else, with its (childish) slapstick.

Only an hour long so no brain work required, and not something I would have watched if it wasn't for the array of comedy actors.
Three children, with the aid of Pat Hayes, try to save an old Victorian house from demolition by the nasty backhander developers, led by Ronnie Barker - so they can have it as a youth club, as they were promised, and they are helped out by the two 17th century resident ghosts, played by Jimmy Edwards (Royalist) and Graham Stark (Roundhead).

The only dodgy thing I noticed was when the driverless heavy plant (driven by the ghosts) rounded up the baddies, it looked to me as though someone could get themselves seriously injured, like for example when Ronnie Barker was scooped up in a JCB bucket.

3/10