Black Ops

This new sitcom starts on Friday and from a preview we've seen, looks like it could be very funny indeed.

It follows two not-remotely-street black PCSOs who are drafted into a top secret, undercover operation, tasked with infiltrating a ruthless gang.

Mmm, seen the promo and was thinking about it, but now you've said that I will def. give it a look - I think we both remember what a great, but short sitcom "Timewasters" was, that we both thought would have been better titled "Black in Time"

The trailer doesn't give me much confidence that this will be any good,

Quote: tenbeersbold @ 4th May 2023, 2:46 PM

The trailer doesn't give me much confidence that this will be any good,

Oh, I thought it was quite good, which attracted me in the first place

I didn't make it 10 minutes...sorry

I saw episode 1 tonight and liked it. Fairly fast moving, and the two main characters are likeable, and make it all a bit more comedic than many modern examples of the 'modern comedy drama' genre. Not a gag-fest, but some funny moments. I'm intrigued to see what happens next after that cliffhanger ending.

Ditto that! Very pleasing first outing. Hope for lots more silliness.

Pretty good i thought.
Managed to create genuine peril for the two leads and still keep it funny.
The elongated scream at the end annoyed me, as it's used to death.
But I'll keep watching.

I'm on episode 4, loving this. It's silly and clever. Topical too, Met Police were bound to be in the press after this was written and Black Ops is a #1 computer game (according to my son).

Enjoying it so far.

Definitely enjoyed and will certainly be tuning in next week - good cliff-hanger.

Just started on Episode 1. Not patronising or woke. Just funny. Have a good drug dealing day."

Still with it, and intrigued now to see why they are still alive.

(VAGUE SPOILERS AHEAD) Saw the last episode tonight. Overall, I thought the series was quite good, the general vibe of it stayed the same from the first episode. The finale seemed a bit of a stretch though, with things working out rather too conveniently. (Though I suppose it wasn't an overly realistic setup from the beginning).

Totally agree - enjoyable romp, with a fairly predictable silly ending, and suggestions of another series in the final scenes (?)