Horse racing

Really surprised there is no thread for this, and know I am now going to regret starting one.

And that Fat Owl is going to be cursing me under his breath, BUT, and it's a BIG but...............

4 days of the Cheltenham Festival - Whoopee!

But there again, I'll be able to get more naps in or catch up on some TV recordings, so it's an ill wind.....................😁

I hope a few my naps will come in too.

You heard it here first:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th May 2023, 6:12 PM

Leicester were relegated in 1969 but reached the cup final as I recall. Maybe this year they'll get relegated but win the Derby. Don't think that's ever been done before.

They don't get killed in the Derby??
(the horses not the protesters)

Derby Day. Preferred it when it had the sporting spotlight all to itself on a Wednesday but we are where we are:

Big week this week:

I'm off flat racing for the moment.
I've only had 2 decent bets this season and I'm starting to think I am jinxed.
The first got stuck in the stalls in a 5f race
And the second - the lady jockey just fell off the horse halfway around. (the horse actually won the race but with no jockey on board)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th June 2023, 3:42 PM

And the second - the lady jockey just fell off the horse halfway around.

😆 Was she heard to shout "F**k this for a lark! I'm off!"

When I was younger it was always funny seeing a horse still running without a jockey and thinking the poor sod doesn't realise it's been disqualified. Have there ever been jockyless racing? Horses are naturally competitive with each other and there could be simultaneous electric shocks in the stalls to get them running and operators giving electric shocks to each horse during the race via remote control if they slow down. Any horses that amble out of the stalls are slaughtered for animal feed.

I didn't even know you were a fan of Horse racing Herc
But there wasn't a thread about it before, and now there is, so that's something

I might stick to the gambling thread though if I ever have anything to share regarding Horse racing
As one of the other threads on a similar subject got a bit spikey, was it a Grand National one or something, I can't remember
I'm no expert on Horse racing as my bank balance will attest to

Off to Ascot to witness Frankie Dettori's final rides in GB tomorrow (until such time as he changes his mind and decides to de-retire) and then staying on to take in Windsor's last meeting of the year on Monday afternoon (if it's not waterlogged by then).

Defending champion Constitution Hill diagnosed with respiratory infection ahead of the Champion Hurdle in two weeks' time.

Revised race times at Cheltenham today due to the cancellation of the cross-country @ 4.10. First race now 1.45

How come Billy? Why is it cancelled?
It's a good race to watch.

Waterlogged/unsafe ground. It is of course run over a different course to the ordinary races and doesn't have the same drainnage.

The 1:30 is now being run at 1:45, the 2:10 at 2:30, the 2:50 at 3:15 and the 3:30 at 4:00. Then as you were with the 4:50 & 5:30.