Your favourite sitcom Christmas episodes?

Gearing up to start my annual Xmas episode viewing,any suggestions from the fine folks here?

It's any Christmas special from Terry & June or its predecessor Happy Ever After for me every year.

But you'll find plenty of other ideas here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/34103/#P1182809

Only Fools and Horses did some brillant festive specials, as did Last of the Summer Wine and Keeping Up Apperances

Queen of Sheba. The Royle Family. Hilarious and touching.

I'm really looking forward to the Ghosts Christmas episode. And hoping there might be a re-run of Peter Pan Goes Wrong.

Peter Pan, the man who never grows up... Big deal. How many men do?
The Office and Extras had great Xmas specials, but I've seen them too many times. There's a Bottom one too, but it is total and utter f**king shit. So Rising Damp.

Just like the Father Ted one which I have seen too many times.

Bottom - Holy is my favourite. I also adore Mischief's Goes Wrong specials, I still maintain Peter Pan Goes Wrong is one of the funniest things broadcast by the BBC in the last decade.

Copy and pasted from another thread (This One that was started way back in 2011! : https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/1213626/ ) though have a couple to add since that last post in 2019, namely the Ghosts Christmas Specials + The Goes Wrong Show specials - Peter Pan, Spirit of Christmas, and the Nativity (though Goes Wrong doesn't strictly get called a sitcom does it? It's a sitcom to me!)

Last couple of years I held off as I always watch specials every Christmas (and with all the COVID palaver I didn't feel the festive season at all in 2020 and only felt festive Christmas day onwards in 2021), but will return to watching a bunch!

I decided to write a long list back hence copy and pasting it:

"Only Fools and Horses 'Christmas Crackers' and 'Thicker Than Water' are fantastic, though most of their 80s episodes were good, IMO.
Royle Family - 1999 ('Baby' David would be 20 this year!) and 2000, but enjoyed 2010's too, Joe's Crackers
The Office - especially the second one
Gavin And Stacey (Genuinely looking forward to this year's one!)
Father Ted - A Christmassy Ted
Vicar of Dibley: Christmas Lunches + Nativity
Blackadder's Christmas Caro
Men Behaving Badly
Dad's Army
Porridge

And adding some I shockingly left off, plus some that have been on since that reply in 2011...

The 'Sorry I Forgot You!' list:

Bottom - Holy
Dinnerladies
The Good Life
Steptoe and Son
League of Gentlemen
Peep Show
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
Keeping Up Appearances - Father Christmas Suit
One Foot in the Grave - Man Who Blew Away and The Wisdom of the Witch
My Family - the one with all the Christmas trees in the living room

Recent ones since 2011:

Inside No 9? Not actually a sitcom I know, but the special was excellent.
Not Going Out - 2013 special with the house
Detectorists
Hebburn
Him & Her
Friday Night Dinner
Outnumbered - the one where they had the party, Jane was ill, and Mark Heap's wife was cheating on him with the Russian woman"

Bottom is, in the words of Sylvia Plath, total and utter f**king shit. The fact that it contains nearly half the core of The Young Ones adds incest to injury.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 28th November 2022, 8:26 AM

Bottom is, in the words of Sylvia Plath, total and utter f**king shit. The fact that it contains nearly half the core of The Young Ones adds incest to injury.

From what you say, she knew a lot about a lot of shit.

And she's funnier than Bottom.

* The second Christmas Special for "The Brittas Empire" - "Surviving Christmas" - is never mentioned, so I want to give a shout-out to it. (There's also "In the Beginning..." but I see it more as a New Year's Special more than anything else).
* I really liked the Christmas Special for "Mandy" - "We Wish You a Mandy Christmas".
* Also, the Christmas Special for "Father Ted" - "A Christmassy Ted" - was good.
* "Ghosts" have been knocking Christmas Specials out of the park - looking forward to this year's one.
* Also, "2point4children" always had good Christmas Specials, especially with their musical endings.