Hello, is it me you're looking for?

This is like filling in an online dating profile only with added vulnerability and fear of rejection...

Longtime aspiring comedy writer based in the south of England - Southampton to be specific. I have had years of sporadic writing including a brief flirtation with Kev F Sutherland's 'The Sitcom Trials' at The Comedy Pub off Leicester Square. My scripts crashed and burned and I still wake up at nights silently screaming at the memory. I can say however that one of my scripts was read by Nick Ewans, aka the zombie that gets skewered with a swingball pole in 'Shaun of the Dead'!

Having got fear, procrastination and brutal self-criticism down pat I figured it would be an idea to try writing with someone else. To be clear, I have a day job, as I need to eat, so I am not established "in the business" and writing remains a hobby. For now.

Ideally, I would like to collaborate on developing sitcom ideas, but I am open to sketch writing, gag writing and anything that exercises the comedy writing muscles.

If the above hasn't driven you from your keyboard/keypad and you too are looking for a writing partner then get in touch. For the sake of all that is good, please get in touch...

Hello Simon and welcome. I've tried a few comps too and had the inevitable rejections. What are your sitcom likes? Not that anything I write is anything like the stuff I love to watch.