Would I Lie To You? - Series 15

I couldn't find a thread for the current series, even though it's already 9 episodes in. I assume some people must be watching it, though? No?

It's been much the same as always for the most part, a few decent moments - but last night's episode (episode 9, featuring Jo Brand, Sam Quek, Bobby Seagull and Joe Thomas) was a rather odd one IMO, lacking in energy and laughs, with the regulars on the panel seeming bored and frustrated, and the audience were a bit quiet. Most of the guests didn't quite seem to gel with the vibe of the show, with Joe Thomas' usual awkward shtick just coming across, well, awkwardly. Although thankfully the episode picked up a lot towards the end with the last one involving Jo Brand getting a bigger reaction from everyone.

Still, is the format maybe getting a bit old now? Or is it just going through the expected hit and miss phases that all panel shows inevitably do?

Expected variable according to guests. Those slower episodes are rare but they've always happened.

I'm surprised to find myself thinking this is a bit tired now. This used to be the highlight of my week, but this week's was the first time I have whizzed through it on the digi-box - it was so slow and boring.

As you say, everyone looked as though they would rather be somewhere else.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th March 2022, 11:53 PM

I'm surprised to find myself thinking this is a bit tired now. This used to be the highlight of my week, but this week's was the first time I have whizzed through it on the digi-box - it was so slow and boring.

As you say, everyone looked as though they would rather be somewhere else.

It depends on the quality of the panelists

Recently they have been crap

Stick Bob Mortimer on every episode!

True.His stories are so unbelievable and they always true ,eg: burning the house down with a firework.