Our Kid

Oh dear, I can see why this only lasted one series and am surprised any episodes were kept - perhaps it was a nostalgia thing on Yorkshire TV's part.

Not particularly funny, and in fact, one of the main characters grated somewhat.

So, there's two brothers, who keep calling each other "our kid" and the eldest lazy so and so who treats his sibling like shit while making it sound as though he's doing his younger brother a big favour by taking his wage packet and "looking after him", and the younger brother is so thick he doesn't realise he's being put upon, despite his girlfriend trying point this out and try to marry him to get him away from his lazy git older brother.

The younger brother is played by Barrie Rutter, who has had a quite successful career - the only thing I remember him in was as the dim-wit son (again) in Diana Dors' "Queenie's Castle"

The older brother is played by Ken Platt - the "poor man's" Al Read. Ken Platt's career was mainly on post war radio with his "one hit wonder" catchphrase "I won't take me coat off - I'm not stopping!", whereas Al Read had a far more lucrative career, and even broke into television quite successfully with his monologues, where he has these conversations with his wife and mates, with him doing all the voices, and very funny it was too.

Apparently, his family owned a sausage factory........stop sniggering at the back there, Brown Minor!!