Iconic British sitcoms Page 2

Of course he's gonna f**king say that. There was an interview with Ade where he said the Young Ones was overrated and Bottom was better and all the F**king Bottom fans were going, See? But what do you expect him to say? 'F**k me, are we shit now! We are total and utter f**king shit. Just been watching The Young Ones, it's f**king awesome mate, certainly pisses all over the total shit we're doing now! Just got commissioned for a new series of Bottom that's gonna pay me f**king rent, well don't f**king watch it punters cos it's bound to be f**king shit! I ain't done f**k all since the Young Ones. Just heard there's a new series of Peep Show, well watch that instead. Bottom is SHIT.'

Gentlemen, fisticuffs is the only answer, especially when it relates to two violent sitcoms.

If you name your seconds, we can arrange the venue, and I can sell f**king* tickets.

*EDIT

I love both shows

Watched every episode of both shows about 60 times

But Bottom is just funnier- which is all that matters to me

Yeah, I'm up for a fight when it comes to matters of religion.
I'd rather watch Sick for the 76346763rd time than the later Bottom episodes even once. They suck harder than my mother outside a priory.

Bottom is shit.

*pokes Michael in the eyeball with a pencil*

God, Bottom is SHIT! Is that really the level they've reached - Alexei Sayle satirising politics, Wrick intwroduduces smwart swatire, intwrodussssin' Kwris Wryan afer seeing him in a West End Show - only to to get to this shit?
Shit.
Total shit.
Total and utter shit.
Total and f**king utter shit.
Total and f**king utter f**king shit.

Nah it's hysterical

Whether something is funnier than something else is subjective, of course. However, in a thread entitled 'Iconic British Sitcoms', then I'd say The Young Ones is definitely more 'iconic' when considering its originality, historical significance and influence.

Bottom had some great moments, but it was basically very extreme slapstick (apart from a few brilliant bits of dialogue, like the "I'm Death" bit) - whereas there was nothing else quite like The Young Ones in how it combined so many different elements - the surreal, the socially relevant, the musical bits and everything - and I think TYO still mostly stands up today and can be recommended as one of the classics of Brit sitcom.

Yes, a plate... This thread has gotta be a joke. Taking a legend like the Young Ones and comparing it to a piece of shit like Bottom. I can only assume this is aĆ² wind up