Happiness

Was recently re watching this and was struck by how much Matt Berry and co lifted the whole Toast Of London voice over schtick from Paul Whitehouse, right down to the sarcastic booth duo. Hope Matt cuts him a cheque or two. Such a great cast and for my money a better show than Toast.

I don't know as I didn't watch a lot of either and haven't seen After Life but it isn't that set around the same scenario? I gave this a go at the time, mainly for Whitehouse but found it a bit flat, from memory, much like his mate from The Fast Show's sitcom soon after. That's the sad period I recall as TV making the big move away from trad sitcoms into this sort of stuff.

A great double entendre title.

True about After Life as well copping the main characters "struggling with early death of wife" motif.As for flat,well Whitehouse is a pretty limited actor but he has the smarts to surround himself with some great talent on this show.Mark Heap and Fiona Allen's couple and Johnny Vegas and Pearce Quigley are fantastic probably some of their best acting.Clive Russell as always is sublime