Bootsie And Snudge Page 2

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th March 2022, 12:44 AM

I

There is a series 2 box set, but it is "out of print" ?

Well, hasn't taken too long. Most of them on eBay are listed as "RARE" and priced £40 to £50.

Er, no thank you.

So, one came up with sensible come and get me starting bid of 99p, and just won it for £15.50 inc. post.

VERY PLEASED!!

Watched the first episode of my "new" Series 2 box set tonight - very funny, and worth every penny of the fifteen quid I paid.

Seems odd seeing Clive Dunn as a "Jones" clone talking about the Battle of Omdurman, just as he did in Dad's Army.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th September 2022, 11:48 PM

Seems odd seeing Clive Dunn as a "Jones" clone talking about the Battle of Omdurman, just as he did in Dad's Army.

Clive Dunn as 'Old Johnstone' the gentleman's club dogsbody does it again (!) with his Jones impersonation in the episode "Fire Drill", when twice he yells (and I was agog) "Don't panic! Don't panic!", and this is 6 years before Dad's Army first aired.

I've never seen this or the Army Game which I believe is connected.

You are correct, and just a shame so many were wiped, including all the early ones with the likes of Bernard Bresslaw

Just finished watching Disc 3 of 4 so only have one disc left - boo hoo Will have to savour it.

Not riotously funny, just gentle clean humour