How much?

I'm officially old. Why? Because I ask the price of things now and I am nearly always shocked by the answer.

Remember, I live in Yorkshire where prices are supposed to be much lower than down that there smoke.

I called at a fish n chip shop t'other day on my way home (a rare treat at our house) 2 fish 2 chips.
I had my tenner in my hand to pay. She said £14.40 What! I queried it and grumbled, yep £14.40.

I live in a bubble as my wife does all the financial things so I've lost track. When I told her how much our tea had cost, she laughed at me.
I thought it was bad enough when a pint of Peroni in my local pub was creeping up towards £5 and that was last year. I don't think I dare go in now.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th July 2021, 9:07 AM

I'm officially old. Why? Because I ask the price of things now and I am nearly always shocked by the answer.

Thought that was familiar...................... Whistling nnocently

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/11387/

Mr Encyclopedia of BCG

I thought it was bad enough when a pint of Peroni in my local pub was creeping up towards £5 and that was last year. I don't think I dare go in now.

A Yorkshireman drinking Peroni? Are you sure?

You should be drinking something like Tetley's - not the tea.

I put that in a bowl for the whippet. He guides me 'ome.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th July 2021, 9:53 AM

Mr Encyclopedia of BCG

Nah, just had a hunch and it rung a bell.

I called at a fish n chip shop t'other day on my way home (a rare treat at our house) 2 fish 2 chips.
I had my tenner in my hand to pay. She said £14.40 What! I queried it and grumbled, yep £14.40.

Last time I went to our local chippy in March last year :( - Med. Haddock, Med. Black Plaice and one Med. chips £11.20.

I'm sure in this enlightened age that you're not allowed to call him a Hunchback.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th July 2021, 2:10 PM

I'm sure in this enlightened age that you're not allowed to call him a Hunchback.

You called him that, not me. Whistling nnocently

So are we going to rename the classic Hugo gothic novel?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th July 2021, 2:47 PM

You called him that, not me. Whistling nnocently

So are we going to rename the classic Hugo gothic novel?

And many others!