How Much?

The Prime Minister's Salary is some £190,000. Which is some way above mine. Now I don't begrudge the poor sod a penny of that, no matter how much I take the piss out him. It's a hard bloody job.

But I read that The Chairwoman ( or ex chair ) of OffCom gets 200k for a 3 day week. Can't be bloody right can it.

MP's make their money through perks. Not Brown at the moment when he retires he'll coin it in like Blair.

Ordinary MP's are on high powered boards of directors where they get paid loads just for their name. They do have to declare an interest but they basically get money for nothing and their chicks for free (or luncheon vouchers).

Quote: roscoff @ January 27 2009, 7:20 PM GMT

They do have to declare an interest but they basically get money for nothing and their chicks for free (or luncheon vouchers).

But have you seen their chicks? Little wonder they were free!

Ofcom*

In any case, the chair of Ofcom doesn't have their meals, accommodation, household goods, and pretty much everything then need to live, provided directly by the tax payer. Do they? :)

Quote: Moonstone @ January 27 2009, 7:25 PM GMT

But have you seen their chicks? Little wonder they were free!

Have you seen John Prescott's new secretarial staff?

Quote: Aaron @ January 27 2009, 7:31 PM GMT

Ofcom*

In any case, the chair of Ofcom doesn't have their meals, accommodation, household goods, and pretty much everything then need to live, provided directly by the tax payer. Do they? :)

No this is true, but with respect Aaron, running the country (even badly) is a somewhat heavy burden to carry. A little heavier than making sure old Johny Ross don't offend people who don't watch him - and then only on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

I hope you don't really think that that is all Ofcom do.

Besides, it's still more or less £190 in the back pocket which doesn't need to even be touched until he's out of office.

The big money definitely comes after you leave office.

Bill Clinton earned $200k per year, but speaking engagements and book deals have earned him and his wife more than $110 million after he left office.

President Obama currently earns $400,000 per year, along with a $50,000 expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account and $19,000 for entertainment.

Quote: roscoff @ January 27 2009, 7:32 PM GMT

Have you seen John Prescott's new secretarial staff?

There's something really attractive, something that really stands out, about the one on the left.

Quote: Moonstone @ January 27 2009, 7:46 PM GMT

something that really stands out, about the one on the left.

Is it the tractor width between her boobs??

Quote: Moonstone @ January 27 2009, 7:46 PM GMT

There's something really attractive, something that really stands out, about the one on the left.

Seriously? :/

Quote: Aaron @ January 27 2009, 7:51 PM GMT

Seriously? :/

No, was just a joke.

Quote: JuliaC @ January 27 2009, 7:49 PM GMT

Is it the tractor width between her boobs??

I know a man who'd like a good tractor width :D

Laughing out loud

Wave :D

Quote: Aaron @ January 27 2009, 7:38 PM GMT

I hope you don't really think that that is all Ofcom do.

I don't have a bloody clue what they do actually - but they don't run the country do they? Or maybe they do:D