Who was that?

A man dressed in a long coat with a really long multi coloured scarf and a floppy hat walks into a general store .

MAN
Can I have a packet of Spangles, some Opal Fruits, 4 Bazooka Joes, a Party 7 and 200 Woodbines and a copy of the NME please.

The shopkeeper looks out the window and can see an old fashioned blue police call box.

OWNER
We don't have any of them anymore the best I can do you is 200 Benson & Hedges

MAN
Go on then, I'll try them and oh and two bottles of scotch please.

The OWNER passes the stuff as he speaks

OWNER
Do you mind me asking, but are you a Time Lord?

MAN
You know I can't say

The Owner squeals in delight as the man then gives him a single coin as payment. The owner stirs at it confused?

OWNER
What's this ?

MAN
That's a half crown keep the change.

The owner clutches the coin to his chest as he speaks.

OWNER
I will never ever spend this!

The man walks out and gets in the Police Box. Once inside we see that the walls are covered in shelves of 200 cigarette sleeves and bottles of scotch. The man then opens a hatch at the back and speaks to two sweating kids standing behind it.

MAN
Alright push me to the off licence next I've still got loads of these half- crowns to get rid of before we whack the stuff out .

The kids push the box which we see is on skateboard like wheels.

I really like it. So funny. The half-crown is a lovely touch.
Could you cut the last line right down to 'Next off-licence!'?

Thanks for the read and I'm glad you liked it , I was tempted to finish with 'That's the last of the half crowns I'll have give a ten bob note in on the next one lads'

Or (to the lads): "Now - who's got change for a ten-bob note?"

Either works and thanks for the read of it. I don't know much about Dr Who as I have never watched it but I know most people can identify him and what he does.

This definitely works. It's probably quite a lot of visual data to get across at the end to explain the preceding scene, but, hell, that's the director's problem ;)

Thanks for the read of it and I'm glad you liked it , it was originally going to be my sweet shop entry for this weeks comp but I also have a Sanatogen thing going on (One a day every day) So I popped it on here and wrote another one for the comp .

You've never watched Doctor Who, Teddy?!

Never ,I just don't get it? Even as I kid I hated it I would have rather watched the Banana Splits.
Its the same with Space 1999 that was 20 odd years ago and we should have been living on the moon and wearing clothes with no pockets what happened there?
Sci fi bores the arse off me, so as soon as I see the Tardis I turn over, its like Wurzel f**king Gummidge with Daleks.