Ad insult to injury

A busy road in London
A man in overalls and holding a broom upside down is standing by a ladder and a bucket. Another man in a red baseball cap walks up to him and speaks to him in English with a foreign accent.

RED HAT
Excuse me please would you know what bus would get me to the Tower of London? Or will I need the Tube. I don't mind the Tube it's just that you see so much more on a bus.

MAN
I'm not from round here so I couldn't tell you and by the sounds of it you're not exactly a local yourself.

RED HAT
No, I'm Danish

MAN
Like the bacon?

The man in the red hat is totally pissed off by the remark.
RED HAT
Just for once it would be so refreshing if someone referenced something other than bacon

MAN
I'm sorry about that for some reason it was the first thing that came into my head. I should have said Carlsberg.

RED HAT
Or perhaps you could say something more cultural say along the lines of 'Oh like Hamlet'.

MAN
Why would I say that you look nothing like a cigar?

The man in the red hat is disgusted and waves his hand as he walks off.

RED HAT
Philistine!

The man in the overalls waves back and speaks in a friendly tone.
MAN
Philistine, Philistine or as we say over here 'Bye bye'

The Dane storms off and the man dips the broom into a bucket climbs up the ladder and starts pasting the first section of a billboard poster advert .

Is Ford significant?Have I missed that reference? :)

You could use Philistine here in Oz and get the same reaction.

Sorry John its referencing well known adverts in the UK both on billboards and TV. That said you're spot on I'll drop the car and just go generic. Its not the greatest but I enjoyed writing it . Thanks for the read and the heads up .