Cookies?

How come every time I come to this site no matter what platform you must accept cookies.
Have you altered something admin?

Anyone else getting it all the time?

I have the odd custard cream with me coffee.

Me too.
Only used to get it after I'd cleared caches (Netflix is a bit weird about them).
Now I get it every time - sometimes several times during one visit.

Quote: Lazzard @ 9th February 2021, 12:17 PM

Me too.

Well I never, another custard cream lover. :)

I do on my tablet (don't have a phone) but not on my laptop.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th February 2021, 12:18 PM

Well I never, another custard cream lover. :)

None in Belgium!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-55985956

Blame the EU.

(I've raised the question with our advertising suppliers. It obviously shouldn't be happening so often. Once a month at most. Sorry for the annoyance.)

It happens to me but is minor enough for me to just accept cookies each time rather than find a permanent fix which is probably achieved by whitelisting the URL in the web browser settings. In fact now I've suggested it I'm going to bally well try it.

Doesn't happen to me but I call them biscuits anyway.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 9th February 2021, 11:45 PM

It happens to me but is minor enough for me to just accept cookies each time rather than find a permanent fix which is probably achieved by whitelisting the URL in the web browser settings. In fact now I've suggested it I'm going to bally well try it.

You what?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th February 2021, 11:18 AM

How come every time I come to this site no matter what platform you must accept cookies.
Have you altered something admin?

Anyone else getting it all the time?

Aaron's reply indicates that they come from the adverts. So if you become a supporter & thereby don't get the adverts, I guess you don't get the cookie alerts.

Quote: billwill @ 10th February 2021, 3:02 PM

Aaron's reply indicates that they come from the adverts. So if you become a supporter & thereby don't get the adverts, I guess you don't get the cookie alerts.

How true - I'd forgotten that Bill. :D

So stop grizzling Stephen, otherwise Mummy will have to put you to bed early with no milk or cookies.

I thought you didn't like Americanisms.

Something that's happened a few times recently on my iPhone is a large advert banner appears which covers the first two threads in the Active Threads view and there doesn't seem to be a way to close the banner (no x in the corner) so the only option is to reload the page. The last time it happened it was an advert for Fenix.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 10th February 2021, 5:51 PM

I thought you didn't like Americanisms.

I don't. Much prefer biscuits, but the "joke" wouldn't work...........................I'll get me coat. :(