Comedies that never seemed to have been repeated

Thinking about some of the shows I used to watch when I was growing up and wondering why they never seemed to have been repeated, the Kelly Monteith show, used to watch that, can't remember much about it, an American bloke comes to the UK and does stuff, Phil Cool, you never hear anything about him any more. That one with the bloke who's in everything, he played one of the terrorists in Who Dares Wins and in Day of the Triffids, he was in something with Lorraine Chase, can't remember much else apart from some Compontype bloke being in it.

I can't remember if Kinvig was any good, I know I used to like it as it was science fiction and the girl off it was nice, I think she was in the Professionals or something like that, I now know it was written by Nigel Kneale who I have to admit I'm quite a fan of, but mostly in his spooky sci if spooky stuff. Any others you can think of? I'm 50 so I'm thinking late 70's early 80's but any age really.

I didn't know Nigel did a sit com.I went to see him on his lecture tour about 20 years ago.He came across as quite grumpy and not a natural for comedy.:)

Going Straight
It ain't half hot mum

Got to admit that I love his dark sci fi spooky stuff, The Stone Tape is one of the spookiest TV shows and Quatermass and the Pit is one of my fave films. Both seem utterly soaked in a Lovecraftian miasma.

Sommat for the dads!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L2CIh4GTlew

Although pretty good by modern standards, Going Straight never seemed to have the edge that Porridge had, think it was one of the first shows that Nicholas Lyndhurst did before Butterflies. Ain't Half Hot Mum... Oh where to begin.... Ha ha ha.

Quote: john tregorran @ 27th December 2020, 11:20 PM

quite grumpy and not a natural for comedy.:)

Tell that to Jack Dee.
Hardwicke House.

Hardwicke House? Oh blimey, remember that...

http://www.curiousbritishtelly.co.uk/2013/03/hardwicke-house.html

No but I did like Lead Balloon.
And another grumpy one, Dylan Moran in Black Books.

I like grumpy characters. Like Jack Dee and Martin Clunes as the driving instructor. (Forgotten its name)

I suppose the grumpiest would be Victor Meldrew

Uncle Mort in I didn't know you cared.That doesn't get repeated either.

Quote: john tregorran @ 30th December 2020, 1:05 AM

Uncle Mort in I didn't know you cared.That doesn't get repeated either.

That was quite good that, great cast for the show. Enjoyed that

Dave Allen-Great comedian, great man, comic timing, and when he swore used it like a grenade. Modern comics could learn a lot.

Dick Emery. Watched a recent documentary on him (C5) almost forgotten and never repeated. They put out one of those pathetic disclaimers at the start about the humor and language being outdated and how it might offend people.

Quote: Will Cam @ 30th December 2020, 4:36 PM

Dick Emery. Watched a recent documentary on him (C5) almost forgotten and never repeated. They put out one of those pathetic disclaimers at the start about the humor and language being outdated and how it might offend people.

Can't believe they did that. It makes you wonder how todays comedy will be perceived in 20-30 years time. You have been warned!

Dick Emery makes Cliff Richard look like Andrew Dice Clay.
The full series of Hardwicke House is now watchable on Youtube,