The Albion Basement presents...1000 Sketches in 1000 Days Page 5

Quote: a plate @ 28th August 2023, 1:35 AM

Just listened to day 200, good stuff! Some of Mrs. Turnball's objections were funny, particularly Jack and the Beanstalk.
Where was it recorded? Sounds like a good receptive audience.
Which one of the Albion Basement are you gappy, or would you rather be anonymous on here? ("a plate" might not be my real name, after all)

All the live shows were recorded in various smallish rooms in Oxford, I forget which one was done where. We've done 9 different hour-long shows and a handful of compilations and smaller slots at other events, and our 10th show happens later in September.

I'm happy for you to know that I'm Richard (the snide and angry one - the Rhys Shearsmith, I like to think). There Irish one, the posh one, the geeky one, and the girl one are all probably nicer.

Quote: Firkin @ 28th August 2023, 5:06 AM

Well done Gappy et al. your achievement (to me) is far more impressive / informative / entertaining than climbing Mount Everest.

And we didn't even need Kendall Mint Cake to get through it.

It's been a month since we finished, but the average listening figures haven't changed, so clearly a lot of people are still wending their way through at their own pace. There are a few surprising sketches in the top 10 most played, I wonder why that is.

Out of interesting which are the top 10 gappy ? And which are your favourites ?

The top 10 are below, with the most popular first. Naturally, I'm not surprised the first 6 eps are the most listened to, plenty of people will give it a spin then decide it's not for them, but the others are surprising.

Day 1
Day 0
Day 59
Day 2
Day 356
Day 52
Day 3
Day 4
Day 234
Day 5

I don't know what my favourites are. There are some sketches I consider great which are totally ruined by unprepared readings, and some absolute crap that works well. Most people prefer the post-sketch chat, and lots of people I've spoken to say that my trip to Loughborough is their favourite story (sorry, no idea what day that is!)