Forgotten Name of Show

Saxondale. Tommy (Steve Coogan). Copyright: Baby Cow Productions.

Saxondale

Steve Coogan stars as Tom Saxondale, an ex-roadie now running a pest control business in suburbia

Heath St John

• Monday 13th January 2020, 1:04am [Edited]
  • Greater London, United Kingdom
  • 3 posts

Please could anyone tell me if they recall the name of this show ? This is what I recall : it was about a married rat-catcher and his assistant. He had musical ambitions. It was made in the late '90s early '00s, by BBC, I think; poss. C4. He had a van. It didn't run for very long. It was dour, and didn't have any canned laughter. I think he had fantasies about being a guitar player. Anyone remember, please ?

Heath St John

• Monday 13th January 2020, 2:46pm [Edited]
  • 3 posts

Ahh ! Yes ! Thank you very much. Forgotten once , never again. Thanks very much for your trouble.

lofthouse

• Monday 13th January 2020, 7:16pm
  • Nowhere, England
  • 9,071 posts

Series 1 = awful

Series 2 = lovely stuff!

Definitely Tarby

• Monday 13th January 2020, 10:19pm
  • England
  • 1,919 posts

I only lasted a few episodes. I liked the characters and casting but it didn't go anywhere.

jsg

• Monday 13th January 2020, 10:35pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 244 posts

What little I've seen of it was good. Don't know where you got the canned laughter thing from though, haha.

Heath St John

• Tuesday 14th January 2020, 12:08am
  • 3 posts

Thanks one and all. Maybe the absence of "Canned laughter" 's a false memory. Dour comedy's improved by it's absence ; it's an 'audible' , straight-faced , stare-response to remarks , which concentrates the mind ; canned laughter's a giggling , encouraging gossip, whose judgement's not to be relied upon. Thanks to the help on here, I was able to order Series' 1 & 2 on dvd..