Forgotten Name of Show

Please could anyone tell me if they recall the name of this show ? This is what I recall : it was about a married rat-catcher and his assistant. He had musical ambitions. It was made in the late '90s early '00s, by BBC, I think; poss. C4. He had a van. It didn't run for very long. It was dour, and didn't have any canned laughter. I think he had fantasies about being a guitar player. Anyone remember, please ?

Saxondale

Ahh ! Yes ! Thank you very much. Forgotten once , never again. Thanks very much for your trouble.

Series 1 = awful

Series 2 = lovely stuff!

I only lasted a few episodes. I liked the characters and casting but it didn't go anywhere.

What little I've seen of it was good. Don't know where you got the canned laughter thing from though, haha.

Thanks one and all. Maybe the absence of "Canned laughter" 's a false memory. Dour comedy's improved by it's absence ; it's an 'audible' , straight-faced , stare-response to remarks , which concentrates the mind ; canned laughter's a giggling , encouraging gossip, whose judgement's not to be relied upon. Thanks to the help on here, I was able to order Series' 1 & 2 on dvd..