8 Out Of 10 Cats - Series 22

The new series started this week with Katherine Ryan as team captain full time. Personally, I think it's better than ever but I do miss Sean and Jon but we've still got them on the Catsdown series over on C4.

Jimmy is still as sharp as ever and Rob is great too. So glad to see it back on our screens just a shame it's tucked away on E4.

Yeah, bit odd that it's not more prominent. But it is really good to have it back. Very refreshing.

Quote: Aaron @ 12th January 2020, 11:50 PM

Yeah, bit odd that it's not more prominent. But it is really good to have it back. Very refreshing.

Totally agree, Aaron. Great to have it back, I'm starting to get a tad tired with the Countdown format. This new series is even more enjoyable now that the lovely Katherine Ryan is a permanent team captain. Lovey

What's happened to the rest of the new series, Aaron?

I thought 10 episodes have been filmed. Why have only 7 aired? I hope they're going to be broadcast at some point soon.

There seems to be an ever-decreasing link between batches of filming and how they're broadcast.

Quote: Aaron @ 23rd February 2020, 9:23 PM

There seems to be an ever-decreasing link between batches of filming and how they're broadcast.

The remaining 3 episodes are clearly not based around current affairs or news lately then are they? Just seems a tad odd to just broadcast 7 and not even a mention of when it will be returning? At the end of this week's show there was no announcement by E4.

Quote: G180e @ 23rd February 2020, 9:56 PM

The remaining 3 episodes are clearly not based around current affairs or news lately then are they?

It's been like that for a while. The first few of the series were recorded weeks previously, before Christmas, so not fully timely.

I enjoyed the Christmas Special, however it did look a tad out of place now with no social distancing and a full audience present. I know Tom Allen had to come out on Twitter and state that it was filmed in January as loads of people were asking about when it had been filmed.

Also, not quite sure why E4 are promoting this as a 'new series' in trailers when it's just a 3-episode run?